Hacking Systemtransfer Question

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could´t I just transfer a 9.2 N3DS to a 11.1 N3DS of my friend and restore my nand with hourglass9? Or does it have to be a dsiware downgrade? I guess that there is something I have not thought at so call me a noob and call me dumb but answer please

Cody090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could´t I just transfer a 9.2 N3DS to a 11.1 N3DS of my friend and restore my nand with hourglass9? Or does it have to be a dsiware downgrade? I guess that there is something I have not thought at so call me a noob and call me dumb but answer please
System transfer doesn't copy your nand, so they would still be on 11.1. That's why you need to do a dsiware downgrade. Also you would have to call nintendo after to relink your Nintendo Network ID as it would be linked to your friends 3ds (Even with the Hourglass9 backup your NNID would still be broken).

Last edited by Cody090909,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not to mention a NAND backup for console A will not work on console B.

A system transfer just changes encryption of data so that the target console can read it, and changes the id of the console linked with the NNID on Nintendo's servers. Each console is still unique and NAND backups will always only work on the console they originated from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-