Systemmenu 290 deleted, no Savemii Free?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by G!N, May 10, 2009.

May 10, 2009
  1. G!N
    OP

Newcomer G!N Member

Germany
    Weeks ago I've deleted the Systemmenu of my Wii. It sounds very stupid, but it was late and i pressed the - Button instead of + -.-' After that the Wadmanger freezed and i hadn't another chance than turn the wii off. After that i just got a black screen.
    I tried to use Savemii Free to repair my wii, but it happened nothing (I used an third party controller). I asked in some forums and me where told that Savemii Free is just useable with the Systemmenu.
    So i sent my wii to nintendo's repair service, but now some guys told me that it is crap. "Savemii Free is useable without the Systemmenu and i should use an original GC Controller".
    A few days ago i got a message from Nintendo:
    70€ for a Repairing. I don't know what i should do:
    Let Nintendo repair it for 70€ and get a 100% repaired wii or let nintendo sent it back unrepaired and i try it again with an original controller for 20€?
    My Question is: Is ther a chance for me to repair my wii with savemii free? Or is Savemii Free in the Systemmenu?

(my english is very bad sorry)

2. Ltsykes

Newcomer Ltsykes Member

Brazil
    The savemii/savemiifrii works under the recovery menu, that is a part of the system menu, now that you deleted the system menu, there is no way to recover. sorry

3. ALLSPARK

Newcomer ALLSPARK Member

Australia
    I Think You Are Out Of Luck Mate And If You Let Nintendo repair it And Be Update To 4.0+
    But It sounds Bad

4. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Let them repair it. Youll have a 100% working wii after that repair.

5. joda

Member joda GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Have them repair it. Otherwise you're left with a big white fancy brick. This since you effectively removed the recovery menu reachable by savemiifrii when uninstalling system menu.

Not too much to worry unless they swap the main board to a new lu64+ one, since people have managed to get HBC and cIOS back into those, even on 4.0, with the new bannerbomb released yesterday.

There is at least one thread about homebrew pimping you virgin 4.0 non lu64+ Wii, and I assume some peeps will manage to achieve the same thing on the lu64+ ones as well. Will prolly work with the new cIOS some people are playing with the beta of.

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    LU64+ Wii + 4.0 ==> Homebrew yes, HBC and cIOS no. The HBC needs a trucha bugged IOS to install, that's why all 4.0 guides downgrade IOS35 which doesn't work on the LU64+ Wiis.

7. G!N
    OP

Newcomer G!N Member

Germany
  8. joda

Member joda GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Since System Menu is b0rked, there is now way his Wii can even boot the diagnostics disc that detects HBC. Thus, they prolly just reflash the NAND from scratch, and if that doesn't work, refit a new mobo.

9. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I know on LU63- Wiis with 4.0 you can downgrade, install cIOS and everything. And on LU64+ 3.4 Wiis you can use IOS16 to install the LU64fix. But LU64+ + 4.0 ==> no HBC and no cIOS.

10. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If your Wii gets "repaired", they'll probably give you a new Wii instead of fixing something in the NAND. Should this happen, they will attempt to transfer all of your Miis, saves, etc. and definitely credit the new Wii with your legally purchased Wii Shop Channel titles. (I'm not accusing anyone of piracy, for the record.) When I received a new one last month, it came with 3.3v1 and seems soft-moddable (I downgraded to 3.2), but your mileage will probably vary.