Hacking Systemmenu 290 deleted, no Savemii Free?

G!N

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Weeks ago I've deleted the Systemmenu of my Wii. It sounds very stupid, but it was late and i pressed the - Button instead of + -.-' After that the Wadmanger freezed and i hadn't another chance than turn the wii off. After that i just got a black screen.
I tried to use Savemii Free to repair my wii, but it happened nothing (I used an third party controller). I asked in some forums and me where told that Savemii Free is just useable with the Systemmenu.
So i sent my wii to nintendo's repair service, but now some guys told me that it is crap. "Savemii Free is useable without the Systemmenu and i should use an original GC Controller".
A few days ago i got a message from Nintendo:
70€ for a Repairing. I don't know what i should do:
Let Nintendo repair it for 70€ and get a 100% repaired wii or let nintendo sent it back unrepaired and i try it again with an original controller for 20€?
My Question is: Is ther a chance for me to repair my wii with savemii free? Or is Savemii Free in the Systemmenu?

(my english is very bad sorry)

Ltsykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The savemii/savemiifrii works under the recovery menu, that is a part of the system menu, now that you deleted the system menu, there is no way to recover. sorry

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Have them repair it. Otherwise you're left with a big white fancy brick. This since you effectively removed the recovery menu reachable by savemiifrii when uninstalling system menu.

Not too much to worry unless they swap the main board to a new lu64+ one, since people have managed to get HBC and cIOS back into those, even on 4.0, with the new bannerbomb released yesterday.

There is at least one thread about homebrew pimping you virgin 4.0 non lu64+ Wii, and I assume some peeps will manage to achieve the same thing on the lu64+ ones as well. Will prolly work with the new cIOS some people are playing with the beta of.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
joda said:
Not too much to worry unless they swap the main board to a new lu64+ one, since people have managed to get HBC and cIOS back into those, even on 4.0, with the new bannerbomb released yesterday.

LU64+ Wii + 4.0 ==> Homebrew yes, HBC and cIOS no. The HBC needs a trucha bugged IOS to install, that's why all 4.0 guides downgrade IOS35 which doesn't work on the LU64+ Wiis.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
joda said:

LU64+ Wii + 4.0 ==> Homebrew yes, HBC and cIOS no. The HBC needs a trucha bugged IOS to install, that's why all 4.0 guides downgrade IOS35 which doesn't work on the LU64+ Wiis.

I assume the upcoming BootMii installer (and probably a new HBC version at the same time) uses a so far undocumented privilege escalation bug that doesn't require trucha, thus enabling you to get it in even on the LU64+ ones. And also, since for example this guide have gotten at least cIOS working so ...

QUOTE(G!N @ May 10 2009, 12:51 PM)
Ok i think these guys hadn't any clue.
And i think 70€ is a good price for a wii with homebrew channel and cIOS after this:
http://www.wii-homebrew.com/images/whb/new...rranty_orig.jpg
Since System Menu is b0rked, there is now way his Wii can even boot the diagnostics disc that detects HBC. Thus, they prolly just reflash the NAND from scratch, and if that doesn't work, refit a new mobo.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
joda said:
WiiPower said:
joda said:

I assume the upcoming BootMii installer (and probably a new HBC version at the same time) uses a so far undocumented privilege escalation bug that doesn't require trucha, thus enabling you to get it in even on the LU64+ ones. And also, since for example this guide have gotten at least cIOS working so ...

I know on LU63- Wiis with 4.0 you can downgrade, install cIOS and everything. And on LU64+ 3.4 Wiis you can use IOS16 to install the LU64fix. But LU64+ + 4.0 ==> no HBC and no cIOS.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If your Wii gets "repaired", they'll probably give you a new Wii instead of fixing something in the NAND. Should this happen, they will attempt to transfer all of your Miis, saves, etc. and definitely credit the new Wii with your legally purchased Wii Shop Channel titles. (I'm not accusing anyone of piracy, for the record.) When I received a new one last month, it came with 3.3v1 and seems soft-moddable (I downgraded to 3.2), but your mileage will probably vary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.