ROM Hack System Update? HELP ME

Brennan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! I have a 3DS XL that i purchased in 2014 and it currently has 7.2 software on it. I want to get it updated up to 9.2 or 9.4 but not to 9.6 is this possible?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Help! I have a 3DS XL that i purchased in 2014 and it currently has 7.2 software on it. I want to get it updated up to 9.2 or 9.4 but not to 9.6 is this possible?
Why 9.2 or 9.4, but not 9.6? If you're prepared to update to 9.4 (a non exploitable firmware), you might as well update to 9.6.
9.2 is definitely the sweet spot. As suggested, buy Smash and update with that.

Brennan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why 9.2 or 9.4, but not 9.6? If you're prepared to update to 9.4 (a non exploitable firmware), you might as well update to 9.6.
9.2 is definitely the sweet spot. As suggested, buy Smash and update with that.

The active cheats i am trying to use will only work for versions between 9.2 and 9.4 In 9.6 the patch blocks it

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same situation. Bought a Gateway card and am going to update the browser to the 9.x exploitable version which should let me use the exploits on rxTools emuNAND.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're a pokemon player, bare in mind that any update supplied by a game cart will prevent web exploits from working.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're a pokemon player, bare in mind that any update supplied by a game cart will prevent web exploits from working.
Because the cart updates don't include the browser.

To update browser, if you have some way to install cias already, just download the 7.1-9.2 browser with 3dnus.

Since you're on 7.2 you should already have the right browser version. If you want to be sure you could downgrade to 4.2 with the gateway web thing. Then use pbt-cfw or similar to install the right browser version from 3dnus to sysnand. Then update the rest of the way with smash rev1. Unless you feel gutsy and wanna hardmod, then you could risk updating the whole way with CIAs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)