Hacking system update 9/7/2010

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated using Ninty's official update to this. So far so good.

[Preparations made before hand: a slot safe from Nintendo's stubs (for me, i installed a cios 213, forgot what base, in order to later re-install 249 and 250) and the latest version of HBC.]

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
trumpet-205 said:
OriginalHamster said:
Yuan said:
EDIT2: Although TBR is useless now, Can IOS236 be installed?
You always can install it beforehand during 4.2, then update to 4.3, since the update doesn't patch 236 it seems.
A better way would be using ModMii to download IOS36, change it to 236 and patch it. Finally max out its version number.

That way in future if Nintendo decides to stub IOS236, it can't.
IOS236 Installer only requires that HBC v1.0.7 or above is installed, so this update won't stop anyone from installing a patched IOS36 to slot 236.

Also, a wad manager mod (which has yet to be released) has already been created that can install ANY wad using a non-fakesigned IOS (also requires HBC v1.0.7 or above). So eventually there will be no need to even install a patched IOS36 OR IOS236... just launch the wad manager mod, and install cIOS249 (wad), and it will successfully install (and overwrite/downgrade stub IOSs successfully)

So all this update has pretty much accomplished nothing.... other than make more work for me to update modmii (this update was a personal attack against me!!! oh noes!)

You are assuming Nintendo doesn't just remove AHBPROT support in the next update. From what I understand, it isn't used for anything except for some internal Nintendo tools and they could easily just make their own custom IOS with AHBPROT for things that need it. Of course, that official Nintendo custom IOS would eventually leak.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
IOS236 Installer only requires that HBC v1.0.7 or above is installed, so this update won't stop anyone from installing a patched IOS36 to slot 236.

Also, a wad manager mod (which has yet to be released) has already been created that can install ANY wad using a non-fakesigned IOS (also requires HBC v1.0.7 or above). So eventually there will be no need to even install a patched IOS36 OR IOS236... just launch the wad manager mod, and install cIOS249 (wad), and it will successfully install (and overwrite/downgrade stub IOSs successfully)

So all this update has pretty much accomplished nothing.... other than make more work for me to update modmii (this update was a personal attack against me!!! oh noes!)

This is great news - I was hoping that someone would make a mod of wad manager that can use IOS58+ahbprot to install the hermes and waninkoko cIOS.

Out of curiosity, who is developing this, and are there any betas available yet to try out?

Thanks!

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
am a bit lost a few pages back said to get ios 56 5662 which I got and shopping channel v20 I clicked latest version but it still says v19 and it requires ios61 anyone clarify please

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would b funny if while removing the TBR they also tried removing the HBC as well but had no knowledge that the IOS has been changed from IOS61 2 IOS58! lol

EDIT: @Am0s: NUS hasn't updated itself with the new files yet that's y!!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well this f-ing sucks no wonder i was not getting new rock band 2 songs to download LOL

what the hell is TBR?

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
xfcrowman said:
This is great news - I was hoping that someone would make a mod of wad manager that can use IOS58+ahbprot to install the hermes and waninkoko cIOS.
Out of curiosity, who is developing this, and are there any betas available yet to try out?
Check the changelog:
http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko/custom-iosx-rev20
Installer is capable to run in patchless environment.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mike333 said:
xfcrowman said:
Check the changelog:
It doesn't say that anywhere in the changelog FYI. I'm pretty sure you still need an IOS that accepts fake signatures to install that.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo now is disappointing me even more and more every time I see an updated but there is little little interesting about it. Like come on Nintendo please I least try to add some good stuff every time you guys create a new update, PLEASE. I don't really worry about the blockade of every hombrew application but I least try to add new features and functionality so people will really like to update but only adding fixing doesn't do any goo to the usability of the Wii in this community. I want new features like themes, different colors, Miis, channels, even the ability to have Facebook and Skype applications on the Wii could be pretty cool. I'm hoping next time they will do something better or we need to way for update 100.3 or something like that. I'm really about to explode.
hate2.gif

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SifJar said:
mike333 said:
xfcrowman said:
Check the changelog:

It doesn't say that anywhere in the changelog FYI. I'm pretty sure you still need an IOS that accepts fake signatures to install that.
- Configuracion de la flag AHBPROT para el acceso al HW desde el PPC.
But someone who speaks Spanish could clarify it.
Maybe target (installed) IOS will get AHBPROT?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mike333 said:
SifJar said:
mike333 said:
xfcrowman said:
Check the changelog:

Set the flag AHBPROT for access to HW from the PPC.

jmanup85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mike333 said:
SifJar said:
mike333 said:
xfcrowman said:
Check the changelog:

it says "Configuration of the flag AHBPROT for the access to HW from the PPC"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Catboy @ The Catboy: Like 5 minutes ago