Hacking system update 9/7/2010

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it worked on mine with darkcoprs 1.1 so there should be no problem on your end and i'm wondering what wii menu version are you one 4.3?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DJPlace said:
ok it worked on mine with darkcoprs 1.1 so there should be no problem on your end and i'm wondering what wii menu version are you one 4.3?
What worked? The shop channel or the ghwt/5 dlc hacks? If it is the DLC hacks, so you were able to download songs and play them with the IOS56 from DarkCorp 1.1? And I am on wii menu 4.2.

Edited: I figured out now that you don't need cIOScorp at all even though it will work. Instead, you can just use Dop-Mii to download the latest IOS56 and put all three patches on it. The DLC hacks work fine with that method too.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the shop channel and the dlc hacks worked for me did you update your shop ios to the latest if not search google for pimp my wii.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DJPlace said:
the shop channel and the dlc hacks worked for me did you update your shop ios to the latest if not search google for pimp my wii.
I haven't updated either. I am still on shop channel v19 and using cIOScorp 3.6 version of IOS56. So you used the DarkCorp 1.1 IOS56 and the guitar hero 5 dlc hack still works?

Edited: I figured out now that you don't need cIOScorp at all even though it will work. Instead, you can just use Dop-Mii to download the latest IOS56 and put all three patches on it. The DLC hacks work fine with that method too.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
DJPlace said:
I haven't updated either. I am still on shop channel v19 and using cIOScorp 3.6 version of IOS56. So you used the DarkCorp 1.1 IOS56 and the guitar hero 5 dlc hack still works?

yes it still works.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DJPlace said:
Dent said:
DJPlace said:

yes it still works.
Wait, I have a question. Is the IOS56 in the Full version zip package of DarkCorp 1.1 already modded or does the installer mod it on the fly? I only want to install the IOS56 and not the other IOS in the package so I can't run the installer but just want to use a wad manager to install it.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dent said:
DJPlace said:
Dent said:
DJPlace said:

yes it still works.
Wait, I have a question. Is the IOS56 in the Full version zip package of DarkCorp 1.1 already modded or does the installer mod it on the fly? I only want to install the IOS56 and not the other IOS in the package so I can't run the installer but just want to use a wad manager to install it.
So after some testing, I realized that the IOS56 in the DarkCorp 1.1 full package is just the normal IOS56 with no patches. How can I get a hold of the wad for the IOS56 DarkCorp 1.1 version after it has been patched?

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i'm just curious what's happening when you use TBR after this update?
Are all incompatibilities is just updated IOS15 preventing downgrade trick, or there is something else more serious?
As for virgin wii, you can use one of game hack to install HBC and then you will be able to install everything starting from IOS236 install using AHBPROT hack.
If you have any patched IOS, you can use TBR...

Did i miss something?

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Problem will happen when N will update IOSes where AHBPROT won't use.
Looking how AHBPROT widely spreaded in an eye blink, it will happen very soon.

AHBPROT is not used in any retail N software, so removing this flag won't hurt N at all.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tueidj said:
Right, just like they removed the DVD-video mode that has always been used to load dvd backups.... oh wait.

Wouldn't that be as pointless as the korean IOS now? I thought the cIOS enables DVD-R access by writing to some register directly from within the cIOS. So changing the tmd handling wouldn't force anybody to find a new solution as another solution is already used, like the AHBPROT stuff or cBoot2 instead of korean IOS.

I think nintendo can't lock DVD-Rs out if you have full access to both ppc and arm.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tueidj said:
It's done with a syscall, the same as AHBPROT.

Ok. And who or what executes the syscall? Is that something nintendo could actually change so the this syscall does nothing? To me it sounds like something done by the hardware and to fix it, it would require to update some actual firmware, so it could only be fixed on new Wiis.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Syscalls are kernel functions that can be called from any IOS module (although some will only work if they are called from specific modules). set_dvd_video is syscall 50 and there's no reason for it to exist (unlike syscall 54, which controls AHBPROT for factory testing) yet it hasn't been removed. Based on that and the fact that AHBPROT actually has a purpose, there's little to no chance of it disappearing like sorgelig suggested.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NITROFOX said:
Waninkoko where whare you!!!
Stop. Please. There is ZERO reason for a crap fail pointless idiotic moronic waninkoko "safe" updater. If you want to update, do it officially, there are NO disadvantages. If for some reason you hate the update button in wii settings, but for some other reason want to update, use dop-Mii. You do NOT need a piece of crap thrown together by waninkoko to update.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:
NITROFOX said:
Waninkoko where whare you!!!
Stop. Please. There is ZERO reason for a crap fail pointless idiotic moronic waninkoko "safe" updater. If you want to update, do it officially, there are NO disadvantages. If for some reason you hate the update button in wii settings, but for some other reason want to update, use dop-Mii. You do NOT need a piece of crap thrown together by waninkoko to update.
While I do agree, getting a better understanding of the Wii's inner workings and updating manually is very beneficial; I would not go as far as calling Waninkoko's Updaters "crap fail". His utilities are just as up to snuff as most Wii utilities out there; the recent Priiloader 0.5 recall comes to mind, the risk of the game.

If you just meant that the creation of an updater in this instance would be a pointless venture, well don't overestimate the willingness nor capabilities of fellow modders. This suedo update did add 7 titles and make 23 changes. Those who wish to update their Wii, may not want to do so manually or use Ninty's method, and would appreciate an updater utility for whatever reason they may have.

Personally, I just used NUS to download all the new IOSes as WADs, then used MMM to do a batch install. I was waiting for a new version of Dop-Mii, but luckily Pimp-My-Wii came out in the meantime and I was able to use it to patch the Sys Menu's IOS80 with the Trucha Bug, ES Identify and NAND Access patches.

For reference here is the Syscheck report. (Syscheck v2.01 has and issue detecting the ES Identify patch on IOS80, but Dop-Mii and Pimp-My-Wii report that it is applied)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: xxxxxxxx
Boot2 v4

Found 106 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 11 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2010/09/09
-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?