System Transferring.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LinkSoraZelda, Apr 24, 2016.

1. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    So my current 3DS has a cracked screen and somehow amiibo aren't working, so it's time for a new system. I have a sysNAND AND dual emuNANDs.
    First off, could I just system transfer a9lh sysNAND to a9lh sysNAND? What would not be transferred in terms of hacks?
    Would my emuNANDs be safe? I don't think it would boot on my new system, nor do I think I can use my other console's NAND backups. How do I get them to work? One of my emuNANDs is Japanese and I can't traditionally System Transfer. Wat do?
    Initially it would be as easy as a motherboardswap, but the amiibo problem is definitely a hardware problem, and I don't think it's the antenna as it takes time to read all of my amiibo but rules them as Invalid or incompatible, though I was using them just fine.
    This isn't good.

Last edited by LinkSoraZelda, Apr 24, 2016
  2. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    TL;DR, I have a monster 3DS setup. sysNAND and two emuNANDs. How do I transfer EVERYTHING, assuming my new n3DS is also a9lh enabled. Should I use two SD Cards? Because of my emuNANDs. I think I'd need to have to have the same NAND setups on the new system and transfer the same way.

3. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    I didn't really make this post for no one to respond...

4. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Here's your response.
    But really set up a9lh on your new console then just do a Nintendo system transfer for both emunands. It's not as though your sysNAND really matters. Of course, you'll need to install a9lh from scratch, as it's not as though Ninty's transfer will transfer FIRM0/1. Besides which even if they did it would brick because a9lh is console specific of course.

Last edited by Swiftloke, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Elton D. Tiglao

Elton D. Tiglao Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    you cant because each system has different otp.
    if we can system transfer a nand with otp then why the hell do we still do
    do these hardcore prodecures to get a9lh?

6. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    And as for your Japanese emuNAND, just setup a region change on it, then system transfer.

7. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    What does this have to do with my post haha. Do you like to be mad?
    Okay, that's like I thought. Thanks. However, can I system transfer on my JP emuNAND because I thought anything network related was blocked on artificially changed NANDs?
    EDIT: the System Transfer app is kicking me out until I visit the eShop. I'm assuming I'm out of luck for this?

Last edited by LinkSoraZelda, Apr 25, 2016
  8. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Hell if I know.I was just giving ideas.

9. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    I hope you don't think the first reply was in response to you.

10. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Second.

11. iQue

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    emuNAND's cannot be transferred as far know???
    Your sysNAND (same region for your console) can be transferred using Nintendo's system transfer, however they will need to be on the latest firmware version for both consoles.
    You can however transfer your emuNAND (same region as your console) to your sysNAND (same region as your console) ....then update it and then transfer it using Nintendo's system Transfer.