System Transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LinkSoraZelda, Mar 2, 2016.

1. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Spoofing my sysnand to 10.6, and getting a new updated N3DS, would A9LH be transferred?

2. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Also read as: how can I transfer Arm9Loaderhax AND my sysnand firmware to a new 3DS? Does System Transfer write to the nands? Given the timing, a motherboard swap would probably be best, but my (yes, they're JIS) screwdrivers are stripping the screws for some reason.

3. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    Can't help you with the OTP and Arm9Loaderhax stuff, but as far as the screws go, when I had taken apart my O3DS, I used PH00 and eventually switched to a slightly bigger one (either J000 or J00). You have to be firm with it and use pressure (at your own discretion, of course).

4. LinkSoraZelda
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    I'm using JIS 00 and the screws are like, melting.

5. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    It's probably a good idea not to try to unscrew it anymore, then, heh. Using the guide on iFixit for replacing the screen I'd seen many people who just gave up because they ended up stripping their screws... Like, I had to use a lot of pressure. I'd have recommended trying the PH00, but now that you've started turning the screws into molten metal, never mind that.

6. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    the system transfer will not transfer the hack, you will have to hack the new 3ds first

7. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Question: Can I do a System transfer from SYSNAND 10.6 to EMUNAND 10.6 on (2) N3DS? I never have to transfer before so I don't know anything about this.