System Transfer without firmware update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by raphamotta, May 30, 2016.

1. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Hello guys,

I have an O3DS FW 10.7 and I can access HB using my OOT. Now I bought a n3DS FW 9.9 and want to do the System Transfer to link my NNID on the n3DS, but it seems both 3DS need to be in the latest FW (11.0). I don't want to update because I want to install CFW too.

How can I do the system transfer without update the firmware and without lose my streetpass data, MiiPlaza data and NNID? If I install RedNand on both 3DS am I able to do it?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

For now I can access HB on n3DS using BrowserHax.

2. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    if you get redNAND you can do it

3. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    So do I need to do a system transfer between O3DS sysNAND and RadNAND, them do a System Transfer between O3DS and n3DS? Is that right?

4. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    redNAND will be equal to sysNAND, but can be updated
    If you have a redNAND on both you can send the titles from the O3DS redNAND to the N3DS redNAND.

5. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    please complete your thoughts (as they stand you aren't helping only confusing) . . . or i will report you as spam

etit: this is like the 5th thread you gave incomplete advice on today . . .

Last edited by wormdood, May 30, 2016
  6. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    I just need more information. Can I do a System transfer using Nintendo default software between an O3DS stock firmware and a n3DS with Emunand/RedNand?

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I don't think so. There used to be a method for when N3DS were limited to 9.5, but that involved downgrading both emuNANDs to 9.0-9.2. You can look it up on the tutorial section (post by RonHero) but I don't think it will help you. You'll have to downgrade the O3DS and N3DS and set up CFW on both. I recommend doing A9LH on the N3DS (if you were ever planning to do it in the future) as it's much easier to do it on a stock console, then afterwards system transfer from the emuNAND of the O3DS (which will end up with all your stuff when you make an emuNAND) to the sysNAND of the N3DS. In terms of the guide, follow the whole thing for the N3DS, but stop after Part 4 Step 17 on the O3DS (you can do the whole thing if you want to).

Guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

8. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Great! Thanks!