System transfer CFW help?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gelums, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Gelums
    OP

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    I'm looking to get these 3DS's I got on black Friday on CFW. I read through all of pailtect's guide and I wasn't sure about this part..
    • Download a legitimate copy of Steel Diver: Sub Wars (the game is free, but any copy of the game not from the eShop will not work) on the source 3DS
    How could I do this step if the source 3DS is running 11.0.. don't I need to update to access eShop?

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    you can use ctr-httpwn which is a homebrew application to access the eshop without updating.

3. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Well thats in regards to the source 3ds which is the 3ds that is already hacked. So that should be on 11.2.

I wouldn't recommend hacking them on 11.0 (if you're doing dsiware system transfer downgrade method) as that requires another homebrew entrypoint (like Ocarina of Time hax), but if you're just waiting for slowhax go ahead :)

But yes the only way to access the eShop without being on the latest firmware is using cttrpwn in homebrew launcher

4. Gelums
    OP

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    Oh you're right sorry didn't read that right.. and I have OOT which I used for my source so I think I could just use that.

5. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Then you're good to go my friend :) go buy LoE now!

Gelums likes this.