Hardware System shuts off with game inside

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking for a friend, she says her system will turn on and charge, but if she tries to play a game it will shut off completely but she has no problem if there's no cartridge inserted. Her 2 year old was the last one seen with it working, so she doesn't know if there's been any damage, but there's no physical signs of damage. Any suggestions, or is this a job for Nintendo?

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking for a friend, she says her system will turn on and charge, but if she tries to play a game it will shut off completely but she has no problem if there's no cartridge inserted. Her 2 year old was the last one seen with it working, so she doesn't know if there's been any damage, but there's no physical signs of damage. Any suggestions, or is this a job for Nintendo?

I think the battery has a problem. Maybe it is not strong and weak. So weak when launching up a game it overuses the 3ds battery (which is weak) and shuts down because of drainage.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try what SockNaste has said; but also--

I was in a similar problem before; and for some odd reason removing my SD Card made everything accessible again on my 3DS. Tell her to try that.

EDIT: After reading my post again after @SockNaste liked it, I realized that I should mention this too:
If the 3DS doesn't shut down after doing what I said with removing the SD card, and that means things are okay--try putting in the SD card again; should work. If not, she may have to replace the SD card.

Last edited by ComeTurismO,
Reactions: SockNaste

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you looked in the slot to make sure it doesn't look like anything was jammed in it, including possible traces of drool or liquid?

I mean I could imagine a short causing an issue reading cards.

Reactions: SmileCitrus

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
She says it still won't play when it's plugged in, and at first it wouldn't even charge until she took the battery out and put it back in.

Yes. Battery problem. Here are your solutions: Send it to Nintendo for fix or buy a new battery and try that.

Last edited by SockNaste,
Reactions: ComeTurismO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you looked in the slot to make sure it doesn't look like anything was jammed in it, including possible traces of drool or liquid?

I mean I could imagine a short causing an issue reading cards.
Hmm, but if there was some type of material/substance in the slot; I'm failing to understand how it is linked to the 3DS shutting off.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Battery problem. Here are your solutions: Send it to Nintendo for fix or buy a new battery and try that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, but her friend is also complaining about battery issues.
Granted I don't know how the safety mechanism's work on the 3ds, but a short could be causing the system to lose power or power itself off.

It doesn't hurt to look for visible evidence in the slot.

Reactions: SmileCitrus

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
A short could be causing the system to lose power or power itself off.

It doesn't hurt to look for visible evidence in the slot.

I think the fact that they can put in a 3ds game in the slot is enough to believe nothing is wrong with the slot. She also stated that the 3ds wouldn't charge so she took out the battery and put it back in and it charged.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the fact that they can put in a 3ds game in the slot is enough to believe nothing is wrong with the slot. She also stated that the 3ds wouldn't charge so she took out the battery and put it back in and it charged.
I don't see why the possibility of liquid causing a short would prevent a cartridge from being placed inside the slot.
I still think it would be worth visually inspecting around the cartridge slot to see if there's any evidence of contamination before spending money on a battery.

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why the possibility of liquid causing a short would prevent a cartridge from being placed inside the slot.
I still think it would be worth visually inspecting around the cartridge slot to see if there's any evidence of contamination before spending money on a battery.

"She also stated that the 3ds wouldn't charge so she took out the battery and put it back in and it charged."

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"She also stated that the 3ds wouldn't charge so she took out the battery and put it back in and it charged."
Yes, and as I've previously stated "granted I don't know how the safety mechanism's work on the 3ds, but a short could be causing the system to lose power or power itself off."

You're being awfully argumentative against my suggestion that the slot be VISUALLY inspected prior to actually ordering a replacement battery.
I fail to see why you're acting like this is a bad idea.

Edit: alright, as the slot has now been visually inspected, this has likely been ruled out then

Last edited by jaksy,

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and as I've previously stated "granted I don't know how the safety mechanism's work on the 3ds, but a short could be causing the system to lose power or power itself off."

You're being awfully argumentative against my suggestion that the slot be VISUALLY inspected prior to actually ordering a replacement battery.
I fail to see why you're acting like this is a bad idea.

I am not saying it is not a bad idea, but the current facts provided prove my statement is correct. Now I have more important things to do than argue. Don't respond to this. Also OP try his idea.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not saying it is not a bad idea, but the current facts provided prove my statement is correct. Now I have more important things to do than argue. Don't respond to this. Also OP try his idea.
Yes, the facts lean towards a battery issue, I was merely suggesting a quick check to rule out other possible issues before spending money.
The OP has already had his friend check to confirm that there is no visible liquid markings near the slot, so now I would agree that proceeding with trying a different battery would be a good idea.

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the facts lean towards a battery issue, I was merely suggesting a quick check to rule out other possible issues before spending money.
The OP has already had his friend check to confirm that there is no visible liquid markings near the slot, so now I would agree that proceeding with trying a different battery would be a good idea.

Alright sry m8 just a bit in a rush today.

Reactions: jaksy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021