System Restore Schedule

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Hakoda, May 22, 2010.

May 22, 2010

System Restore Schedule by Hakoda at 6:51 PM (669 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I have a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate desktop and I'd like to have System Restore create a restore point once every day at a certain time. Although, it never does work. When I go into the Task Scheduler to check on System Restore it says "Queued" until I manually go in and run the task, then it will make a restore point at any given time. The Task Scheduler service is running so really what I'm looking for is a way to either fix the "Queued" problem or have some sort of *.bat file run the the task so I can put it in the startup folder. What I DON'T want is a restore point being created at every log in of a user. Thanks for your help Tempers.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Why would you want to make a restore point every day?

3. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Okay so maybe not every day, that was just an example. I'd probably set it to like once a week or something.

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Well, it automatically creates a system restore point when you install/uninstall shit on your computer.
    So you don't really need to worry about it.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Can you not take the simpler option of kicking your main folder full of documents, videos and the like to another "drive" and simply scheduling a drive image using any one of the myriad programs that do it ( http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwbackup.html has a bunch).
    If you want to go to these sorts of lengths you might as well have something that works well unlike system restore which despite getting better (I actually managed to solve a problem with it the other day) is still terrible.

6. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    System Restore should create a restore point every 24 hours your computer is turned on, or every 24 hours of calendar time if your computer was powered off. The computer has to be idle for several minutes for this to happen.

Also like the other poster said, one gets created when you start installing updates and such.