System options go back to default

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by nikkopt, Jul 19, 2010.

Jul 19, 2010
  1. nikkopt
    OP

Newcomer nikkopt Member

Portugal
    Ok, ALMOST every time i do a soft reset with akaio 1.7.1 all my system options go back to default, even when i change the skin and it soft resets itself.
    Am i the only one having this bug? I already formatted with panasonic sd formatter, also made a clean install but the problem persists.
    It worked great with 1.6RC2

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I haven't had any porblems liek that but I'm going to make an educated guess that the latest loader is meant to fix this problem by its description.

akaio loaders

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  4. nikkopt
    OP

Newcomer nikkopt Member

Portugal
    Thanks i'm going to check it out

5. nikkopt
    OP

Newcomer nikkopt Member

Portugal
    Ok, like you said, i had a bit of space that wasn't allocated so i made a new partition that would use all of the card space (with GParted). Then i formated it with the panasonic sd formatter. Downloaded akaio and the loaders again.. uploaded a random NDS file to the card.. set my preferences.. ran the file.. soft-reseted and boom, it was back at the default skin and with the default settings again [​IMG]

6. tomrev

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Your doing is totally wrong, you must not use any windows formatter after filled partition space with Gparted because it would allocate the space again. I suggest - SD formatter -> resize with Gparted.

If you used a little effort to search for this solution, you would know solution before asking.

7. nikkopt
    OP

Newcomer nikkopt Member

Portugal
    Thank you for your reply and sorry for the inconvenience.
    I did that because the panasonic formatter only formats the partition, it doesn't re-size it afaik.. that's what gparted was meant to do. But of course, i can be totally wrong.
    I will try and get back with the results..
    PS: i did search.. not enough obviously

8. nikkopt
    OP

Newcomer nikkopt Member

Portugal
    Yep, it's working now.. thanks for your answers

9. helix512

Newcomer helix512 Newbie

Canada
    i have 2 that is doing this same thing. i have did the steps listed above and they still reset back to default with i do a saoftreset anyone have any other ideas i can try i am at my wits end here thanks

EDIT: just a quick note this is ONLY happening on my 2 DSLite's my DSi and DSiXL work fine with 1.7.1 same setup on all 4

10. Ythan

Newcomer Ythan Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same problem; for me it happens on a DSi. The microsd card is definitely partitioned and formatted correctly, although I've tried pretty much every combination of gparted, Panasonic formatter, and Windows disk management, along with different cluster sizes. As far as I can tell it only happens when games create or modify a save file, and only then if your card is relatively full. For instance, if you only have a single ROM, it probably won't happen. I tried to track it down by copying small batches of ROMs to the card and testing each time, but then it worked fine, even after all my ROMs were transferred. Some days later it stopped working again after I deleted one ROM from the card and replaced it with another. There's clearly something bugged with the current version of AKAIO and under certain circumstances none of the accepted fixes work. I'm back on 1.5.1 for now and thinking about just getting a different flashcart.