Hacking System Menu 4.1U, "System Files Are Corrupt"

Alaris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a problem. And I have scoured the internet in search of an answer to this problem, and I have failed. So I come here, to the GBATemp forum to seek aid. Directly.

I picked up my Wii originally within MONTHS of its release. 1-3 months after the release.

1.5-2 Years ago, I installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii using, I believe, the Twilight Hack. I deleted the Twilight save shortly after, and used it for various Emulation means, as well as Brawl+. I had no problems at the time, as far as I was aware.

Well, I stopped playing the Wii about 1.2-1.5 years ago, and it has sat in a box for that long. I just kind of lost interest at that point, and went on to different things (360 FTW). Well, my friends wanted to play some Brawl+, and none of them have modded Wii's, so I decided to dust mine off and hook it up. I did so two days ago, and the moment I got to the System Menu, it cut to a black screen, displaying "Your System Files are Corrupt."

Previous to this, (before I stopped playing it), I had absolutely no problems. It gives me about 4-8 seconds on the System Menu screen before it cuts to the Corrupt BSOD. If I attempt to access any channels before then, it immediately cuts to the Corrupt Screen.

So I figured, why not? I'll try Maintanence Mode. What's the worst that can happen. I hold down the appropriate buttons, and it works. I enter Maintanence Mode, and I am on the System Menu. I can click channels, and even enter System Settings. However, after I exit the channels, or the System Settings, it brings up the Corrupt Screen again. So it seems to only postpone the inevitable.

So, after all of this, I search our my SD card, and decide to ensure that I can recover to AT LEAST this state in the event of a FULL BRICK. I put BOOTMII onto it, and used Maintanence Mode to access the Homebrew Channel. I installed BootMii, and it boots up whenever I turn on my Wii (Allowing me to go directly to the System Menu, Homebrew Channel, SD Card, or About screen). If I go to the System Menu, I still receive the Corrupt message.

Relevant Info:

-Homebrew Channel Installed (Latest?)
-BootMii Installed
-System Menu Updated to 4.1U
-Receive an Error Message (101246) whenever I attempt to connect to my new internet source through the System Settings

I'd appreciate help if anyone can offer it. Thank you in advance.

Alaris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you in advance. I have not tried what you posted, but I will after doing so.

I had read about the Mail Brick, but it was supposedly rare, so I had written it off as a non-issue.

Out of curiousity, does my Wii go OUT OF MAINTENANCE MODE after it has entered a channel or the System Settings once? That would explain why it suddenly brings up the Corrupt Screen after coming back to the System Menu.
laugh.gif

Alaris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing I find most odd about this, is that I didn't have any problems the one an a half years ago.

When I login now, and I don't have any internet, it suddenly has a corrupt mail?

Also, out of curiousity, what exactly is a "Corrupt Mail?" I mean, can people just send out a special mail that bricks other people's Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1