Hacking System Files Corrupted (Preloader)

  • Thread starter Thread starter JJ Says Nay
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 6,305
  • Replies Replies 41
Well, I got ballsy and downloaded the System Menu 4.0 WAD, put it in my SD card and installed it through WAD Manager. Good news, my system menu now works again. Bad news is, I'm on 4.0. Maybe not the worst of news but I don't exactly have the most experience in modding 4.0
frown.gif
 
Yeah I haven't ventured to v4 but it seems like its just more run of the mill.
Now that your stable, check out the bootmii and if that's not working preloader.

And you can play WiiWare off the SD card! (that's about all i know for v4 lol).

But good to hear you got everything running again without any more problems! :-)

MD
 
mdmachine said:
Yeah I haven't ventured to v4 but it seems like its just more run of the mill.
Now that your stable, check out the bootmii and if that's not working preloader.

And you can play WiiWare off the SD card! (that's about all i know for v4 lol).

But good to hear you got everything running again without any more problems! :-)

MD

Yeah, thank God I got it back. You're a cool lot of people and I appreciate your help. Thing is, I'd like to softmod 4.0 which I know is possible...it's just different in a way. But I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm going to try and install Bootmii now.
 
You shouldn't have any problems with System Menu 4.0. TP hack doesn't work, but if you have HBC you don't need it, and could use Bannerbomb anyway. I personally don't feel there is any reason NOT to be on System Menu 4 anymore (heck, you even have things like StartPatch, which is similar in functionality to Starfall).
 
Borrowing your thread, I have 4.0 on IOS60.
Preloader patches ios60 and instal itself. But once preloader is installed, File System Corrupted.
Reinstall preloader, runs on IOS60, still File System Corrupted.
Reinstall systemmenu, works again, but preloader is erased.
Any idea?
 
Pip_X said:
Borrowing your thread, I have 4.0 on IOS60.
Preloader patches ios60 and instal itself. But once preloader is installed, File System Corrupted.
Reinstall preloader, runs on IOS60, still File System Corrupted.
Reinstall systemmenu, works again, but preloader is erased.
Any idea?

I've had NO LUCK with Preloader thus far, and I'm not even going to bother trying to get it to work if I can some how get Bootmii to work.
 
4.0U.
Using preloader 0.29
hack.ini is for 4.0U

When installing preloader, it patched ios60 and installed. I can see the preloader menu, it uses ios60, systemmenu also is configured to use ios60. But I cant boot to system menu, error message is File System Corrupted. Re-installing preloader wont help.
 
Pip_X said:
Borrowing your thread, I have 4.0 on IOS60.
Preloader patches ios60 and instal itself. But once preloader is installed, File System Corrupted.
Reinstall preloader, runs on IOS60, still File System Corrupted.
Reinstall systemmenu, works again, but preloader is erased.
Any idea?


I'm having the EXACT same problem D: I just run the system menu off of IOS36, It doesn't have SDHC But I don't need it >=3
 
joda said:
Pip_X said:
I'm trying to get preloader to work because i want those patches....
This is in my opinion better: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144071


Startpatch cannot autoboot a dol file, and cannot go to homebrew channel.

jwcgator said:
QUOTE(Pip_X @ Jun 17 2009, 12:57 AM)
Borrowing your thread, I have 4.0 on IOS60.
Preloader patches ios60 and instal itself. But once preloader is installed, File System Corrupted.
Reinstall preloader, runs on IOS60, still File System Corrupted.
Reinstall systemmenu, works again, but preloader is erased.
Any idea?


I'm having the EXACT same problem D: I just run the system menu off of IOS36, It doesn't have SDHC But I don't need it >=3
If you do not run games off SD or do not need SDHC support, you might as well stay in 3.2
 
I have not even enable any patches yet.

I found out that even i install original nintendo ios60, the preloader still boot. From my understanding, preloader should not work anymore.
 

Site & Scene News