1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have my Wii mod with the homebrew channel and all that but I haven't touched it in a year and a half or so. Now it is saying "The System files are Corrupted" or something. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Sounds like priiloader set to load cios 249 as system menu ios

I do not have any of the latest mods and I only get the error message when I go into the system settings and some channels.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
when you start your wii hold the reset button see if it comes up.
If not just reinstall system menu ios then system menu that will get rid of any hacks that might cause the error

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
when you start your wii hold the reset button see if it comes up.
If not just reinstall system menu ios then system menu that will get rid of any hacks that might cause the error

Well nothing happens when I do that but I can go into data management and it freezes. How do I reinstall the system menu?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
This is also normal if your nand filesystem somehow got corrupted.. Nand formatting tool may help...
For such an old machine it's possible that you got bootmii@boot2 installed... Make a backup using bootmii before doing anything risky..

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And stick nand.bin and keys.bin onto your computer desktop and SD card so you can use them if your WIi bricks. System 4.3 automatically corrupts files when you try and load HBC via bannerbomb. Only stack smash and Indian PWNS works.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Well in your first post you are saying you got Homebrew Channel?
Which system menu are you on? And don't read smashdude's posts, he's just trolling around..

I have the home brew channel but when I select the it gives me the system files are corrupted error message. I also get the message when I go into the system settings so I cannot see which menu I am on. I think it may be 4.3, though.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
And the system menu version?

Yeah you are saying it's 4.3 now... I believe it didn't get updated by itself in the attic... So what did you do before and for the actual updating to 4.3?

I really don't know. My brother just tried to play some games a couple weeks ago and it started to get that error message. The games work but sometimes it pops up. Also I never updated, maybe it did it automatically?

I did have an old version on homebrew channel, USB Loader with all the IOS's and whatever. Basically I could just play fake wii and gamecube game disc and I had a hard drive connected that had wii games on it. They worked fine.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Disable custom stages and use stack smash to install HBC

I am not familiar with Stack Smash so could you give me a link to the files?

I originally had my home brew channel installed through the twilight hack, yea remember that? I'm not a noob I just forget a lot.

Basically I just want my Wii back to normal. I really don't care about having the homebrew channel or anything.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Using smash stack to install hbc indeed can be worthy... especially if you didn't install bootmii previously... But I think you have somehow a filesystem corruption going in your nand...

After installation of bootmii formatting using nand formatter (not the format option in system menu) may help it...

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have installed BootMii and found out my SystemMenu is 4.0U. To do the NAND backup I need to have an SD card with NAND on it so where can I download that?

I also got into data management and clicked on channels. All of them are question marks and I cannot select any. Maybe I have to use an APP to delete them?

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let you guys know I just NAND formatted my Wii and got it back to a Stable 4.1U system menu
smile.gif
Thanks for the help everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay