Homebrew System Channels in HBC?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have system channels like Weather, News, Mii, Everybody Votes, etc. displayed in the HBC? If so, how?

ThanX!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes. You must write a small app to load the specific channel, compile it and put in in your apps folder in its own folder with a meta.xml and an icon.png. I'll make an example and upload it with source in a minute...

EDIT: Here's an example which (should
tongue.gif
) load Mii Channel. It's fairly simple.

Here's the main code:

Code:
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
int main(int argc, char **argv) {
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ÂÂÂÂWII_Initialize();
ÂÂÂÂWII_LaunchTitle(0x0001000248414341ULL); //Change this line to title ID
ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

As you can see, its very short and simple. All you need to do to make it load another channel is change the title ID (in Hex, with the 0x at the start, and ULL at the end) and compile and it should load any channel. Then just make an icon.png and meta.xml.

Here's the app for you to try: http://www.mediafire.com/?s9ekqfq5camm1uz

Please tell me if it works or not, I think it should
tongue.gif

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a GODSEND because i always wanted an alternative way of loading the mii channel, obviously so i can reserve all visual space for game shortcuts...my only question is....how can i....'hide' the mii channel? i know certain titles like the old DVDX were 'invisible' channels, is there ANY way to do the same to the mii channel, or edit the mii channel wad? should i uninstall it, fill up my channels, then install it LAST? thank you

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Thanks!!! Although I have no idea how to compile the source for other channels. I do have devkitpro and tortoisesvn, but what libs and such do i need and where do I get them?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
iancer said:
this is a GODSEND because i always wanted an alternative way of loading the mii channel, obviously so i can reserve all visual space for game shortcuts...my only question is....how can i....'hide' the mii channel? i know certain titles like the old DVDX were 'invisible' channels, is there ANY way to do the same to the mii channel, or edit the mii channel wad? should i uninstall it, fill up my channels, then install it LAST? thank you

You can move the channels you don't want visible to the last page.

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
petspeed said:
You can move the channels you don't want visible to the last page.QUOTE(iancer @ Jul 30 2010, 11:20 AM) obviously so i can reserve all visual space for game shortcuts...
>move the channels you don't want visible
>reserve all visual space for game shortcuts
implying you read my post at all.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I assume the app works then? If you want, I'll post more, just give me a full list of channels you want.

As for hiding channels, I believe dumping a WAD, editing the title ID to 00010008 at the start instead of 00010002 should do the trick (not 100% sure though), and then you'd delete the normal Mii Channel (or whatever channel), but that'd mean the DOL I posted would no longer work as it uses the normal title ID.

c_house

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of having the channels in the Homebrew Channel. They are right there when you boot up your Wii. It would be just more work to open the HBC and load them, but I guess this would be useful for the people who autoboot to the Homebrew Channel.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
c_house said:
I don't see the point of having the channels in the Homebrew Channel. They are right there when you boot up your Wii. It would be just more work to open the HBC and load them, but I guess this would be useful for the people who autoboot to the Homebrew Channel.
He doesn't want them visible on the main System Menu, but he wants them to be accessible.
EDIT: You could use Waninkoko's Channel Loader to load them. Link: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...nnel-loader-v10

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe that the OP wants each channel to show in HBC so that he can autoboot HBC and load everything from there without having to run another app first to reach other stuff eg. channels.

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
As for hiding channels, I believe dumping a WAD, editing the title ID to 00010008 at the start instead of 00010002 should do the trick (not 100% sure though), and then you'd delete the normal Mii Channel (or whatever channel), but that'd mean the DOL I posted would no longer work as it uses the normal title ID.
>the DOL I posted would no longer work

damn damn, is there ANY way you could upload an edited DOL so i could use your forwarder to launch my 'hidden' mii chan? i would just smile SOOO wide if you would please
yaywii.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, yeah I could. I simply change one character and it would work. I'll upload a DOL in a minute, and then it'd be great if you could test this method to see if it works by:

1. Dump WAD of Mii Channel
2. Use ShowMiiWads (or another tool) to change title ID from 0x0001000248414341 to 0x0001000848414341
3. Install WAD
4. Delete original Mii Channel with ATD (title ID 0x0001000248414341)
5. Run DOL

I'll upload it in a minute.

EDIT: Here's the test DOL: http://www.mediafire.com/?a17ohkt37t112pe

If it works, I can make more for other channels, hidden and non-hidden.

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will test this l8r today. my question is
will using wad from wehackwii (mii chan v6, latest)
work as well? its what i use to uninstall and reinstall my mii channel, so is it essentially the same as dumping mine, also how do i dump mine, lol.
i will test this within the hour if using the wad from here works

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iancer said:
i will test this l8r today. my question is
will using wad from snip (mii chan v6, latest)
work as well? its what i use to uninstall and reinstall my mii channel, so is it essentially the same as dumping mine, also how do i dump mine, lol.
i will test this within the hour if using the wad from here works
snip
You can't post those links here. If you want reliable wads, get them using NUS Downloader.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Getting the WAD with NUSD should do the trick, I don't advise downloading it from anywhere other than direct from NUS with a tool like NUSD. And that'd probably be easier than dumping a WAD...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?