Sysnand USB games issue..

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Biff627, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Biff627
    OP

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Games refuse to boot in sysnand. Im guessing that the ticket isn't legit or it thinks the game isnt legit because I installed it to rednand? Any game I try just says that the data is corrupt and that I need to delete the game update data to fix the issue. Rednand runs them fine because of the sigpatches... Should I just reinstall them after finding good tickets, or can I just install just the good tickets in some way?

Does that title site have legit keys that can be used with sysnand?? I used an archive file from another site a while back for these games...

Error

2. Odyle54

Odyle54 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    France
    Have you unlinked sysnand and rednand ?

3. Biff627
    OP

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    My nand are still linked. Id rather not format my sysnand lol

4. DarkIrata

DarkIrata GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Since my Rednand doesn't boot i can't make a 100% legit statement..
    Try removing a not working game and install it to sysnand with wup. if the ticket is not legit, wup should throw an error.

// EDIT: If its working => the problem is installing XYZ first to rednand

5. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    The problem is because you are installing the game to Rednand when you install a game the game mostly installs to the USB but one file the tkt installs to Rednand. When you try to play the game on sysnand the sysnand is missing the tkt so that is why the game does not boot.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  6. Biff627
    OP

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Well I did not think about that... I feel quite stupid.. lol Does WUP installer allow me to just install the ticket?

Last edited by Biff627, Nov 11, 2016
  7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    No idea if that would work but what you could do is reinstall the whole game this time in sysnand and the tkt will then be on both rednand and sysnand and will boot from both not an ideal solution I know but best I can come up with as I don't use rednand I use FIX94's iosu on nand thingy it's just the same as rednand you can do everything that you can do in rednand plus you can install wii vc tittles. They don't work on rednand.

8. Biff627
    OP

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Im gonna have to try that out! I feel like if I can have sigpatches on sysnand that there really isnt any need for Rednand then... Is it safe to install system config tool on the USB for sysnand with this then?? And Ill most likely just install the game onto my USB again while in sysnand, unless that will screw stuff up, but I'll see..

9. Spearel18

Spearel18 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Hungary
    No! It has been stated in multiple threads: DO NOT INSTALL SYSTEMCONFIGTOOL TO SYSNAND! INSTANT BRICK! I don't now what happens if you install it to your exterior HDD, but I wouldn't risk it!

10. Biff627
    OP

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Hmmm, Well I will avoid installing it to the USB for sysnand then..

11. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    so this is also why if you install bunch of games on USB first, then setup REDnand, the games will work both (because the tickets are copied over)

12. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Exactly the tickets do indead get copied over

OK so I actually did install the sysconfigtool to USB on my nand by accident and did not brick I immediately deleted it though once I noticed my stupidity. No way was I going to be brave enough to see what happened if I tried to load it lol.

CreeperMario and Subtle Demise like this.