SysNAND/EmuNAND transfer questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Patxinco, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Patxinco
    OP

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    Ok, since my N3DS hasn't arrived yet, but Nintendo released his 10.4, i have an idea on mind that i would appreciate some info. My main goal is having everything on my N3DS sysNAND.

First of all, is 100% sure that from a Emunand transfer the LEGIT cia's i installed on my O3DS will be available on my N3DS? (since i cannot, now, reinstall those cia's to 10.4) (and i couldn't find this info anywhere...)

If not, could you check my plan and see how is it?

1: When i get my N3DS, do a downgrade to 9.2, create an emuNAND linked.
    2: I have all of my data on my O3DS sysNAND, so i can make an emuNAND linked.
    3: Do a normal transfer between emuNANDs.
    4: Since my O3DS data will be transfered to my N3DS emuNAND, flash this emuNAND to N3DS sysNAND.

Edit: Could i downgrade my emuNAND on N3DS 10.4 to 9.2? since it's emuNAND, i could install a cia package for 9.2 with devmenu, not? And then, flash it to sysNAND.

Thanks for info guys!!! ^^

Last edited by Patxinco, Jan 19, 2016 - Reason: Adding ideas
  2. Patxinco
    OP

Apr 18, 2011
    Bumping for interest, thanks.

3. jackb994

jackb994 Self-Proclaimed Gamer

Oct 29, 2015
    You don't need to worry about keeping the nands linked as long as you format the sysnand not emu then the games should be on there after you restored your backup

4. Patxinco
    OP

Apr 18, 2011
    Thanks for interest, but that's not what i meant, i want to make a emunand transfer, downgrade the emunand, and then flash it to sysnand.
    Dunno if it gets clear, if not, i'll try to explain it better.

5. jackb994

Oct 29, 2015
    yes that completely possible using emunand9

6. Patxinco
    OP

Apr 18, 2011
    Shouldn't be any problems being a transfered emunand? I can safely flash the downgraded emunand to the sysnand? I think even being linked, making the transfer, could change something, dunno..

7. jackb994

Oct 29, 2015
    being linked only means that its using the same nintendo 3ds folder

Patxinco likes this.
  8. Patxinco
    OP

Apr 18, 2011
    Ok, thanks mate ^^

9. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Also if you backup your sysnand before you transfer it, you can have both of your 3DSes share the same NNID and connect online with them!

10. Patxinco
    OP

Apr 18, 2011
    The plan is not touching the O3DS(obviously making a backup of every sysNAND/emuNAND i can xD) , make everything from the emuNAND, and then flash transferred/downgraded emuNAND to N3DS sysNAND.

11. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Japan
    Kyoto
    Is it possible to transfer from N3DS EmuNAND to N3DS EmuNAND?
    I spent hours trying to do so but still no luck, becuase I keep getting the error 022-2511(requires update) after entering my NNID password on the source N3DS.
    I even tried to spoof the system transfer by enabling freemultipatcher and installing the latest NVer and eShop(tiger), but it didn't work.
    Currently, my consoles are on 9.1 EmuNAND, unlinked from SysNAND. But I'm confused because some tutorials say both consoles must be between 9.0-9.5, while others say both consoles must be on the latest firmware(10.4 at this moment) in order to do a system transfer.
    Can I simply update both N3DSes to 10.4 Emunand and do a system transfer? Would that work?

Last edited by Emenaria, Jan 22, 2016
  12. jackb994

Oct 29, 2015
    just dump emunand to emunand.bin

Emenaria likes this.
  13. Patxinco
    OP

Apr 18, 2011
    That's the only way it can work, if you wanna make a emunand transfer via nintendo ways, if not, do what @jackb994 says.

Emenaria likes this.
  14. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Japan
    Kyoto
    Thanks, I'll try that.

15. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Japan
    Kyoto
    It worked like a charm! So I updated to both N3DSes to 10.4 EmuNAND and then started a system transfer.
    After that, I copied the files from the source MicroSD to the target MicroSD, and booted into EmuNAND on the target N3DS. But somehow it went straight to the system transfer screen and I kept getting error 028-3220, which reboots to SysNAND.
    I thought I was stuck, but thanks to these threads on GBAtemp, I realized I needed to unplug my wireless router before booting into EmuNAND and abort the system transfer. It dumped back to SysNAND again, but next time I booted into EmuNAND, it successfully went to EmuNAND home screen.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-to-emunand-system-transfer-sucessful.378549/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/stuck-in-transfer-loop-on-10-2-0-emunand.401550/

Patxinco likes this.