Hacking sysnand/emunand question

KungFuzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any point to keeping sysnand on lower firmware? Mines currently sat on 5.0.2 (emunand 11.0.0) I have a switch lite I play all my retail games on & stay online. I'd like to play my retail games on my main switch through the tv on sysnand but don't want to update until I know if there is any benefit to keeping it on 5.0.2.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The only reason might be that some day some genius hacker finds a security hole that only is present in the 5.0.2 firmware.
But since you can already do almost anything with the current security holes, I personally see no point.
But not that once you move to 11.0.0, you cannot go back because it burns a fuse in the cartreader.

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any point to keeping sysnand on lower firmware? Mines currently sat on 5.0.2 (emunand 11.0.0) I have a switch lite I play all my retail games on & stay online. I'd like to play my retail games on my main switch through the tv on sysnand but don't want to update until I know if there is any benefit to keeping it on 5.0.2.
How long have you been playing online using your modded switch? Think ill try going online using sysnand.

KungFuzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How long have you been playing online using your modded switch? Think ill try going online using sysnand.

I use my switch lite for my retail games (unmodded) But lately ive been wanting to play on the tv so I threw this question out there relating to lower sysnand firmware. My modded switch never been online.

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason might be that some day some genius hacker finds a security hole that only is present in the 5.0.2 firmware.
But since you can already do almost anything with the current security holes, I personally see no point.
But not that once you move to 11.0.0, you cannot go back because it burns a fuse in the cartreader.

This exactly. I'm much more proficient with other systems (mostly Sony devices) and it's a common question there among end-users, too. The general answer is that if an end-user and you can do everything you want to do on newer firmware, update it.

On PS4 some view 5.05 as the "golden" firmware but it's really only in the stability of the exploit. You can do everything on 672 and 702 that you can on 505 so the reason to stay is no more than stability.
Is the older Switch firmware more stable or offer any benefit? If not, just update.

However, I know many PS4 users still sitting on 455 and below for the same reason you are despite devs making it clear that this isn't an issue for PS4. From what I've gathered on Switch so far I'd guess the same is true. It seems pretty busted open so any future creations should be available on all FWs.

Reactions: KungFuzion

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no point when we can update without burning the anti-downgrade fuses allowing you to return to firmware 5.0.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Heyyyy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the baker appears
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so i signed up for a library takeout box a few weeks ago, and a couple weeks ago i got the takeout box
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    now stick with me
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i got a small bag of fritos, a tea bag of earl gray, a sticker of pixelated pepe the frog, a blue pair of sunglasses, and 2 books
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teabag the fritos
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    one was a book called gone which is about everyone 15 or older suddenly fucking disappearing, and the other was fucking delicious in dungeon/dungeon meshi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr i started reading dungeon meshi bc it was in a surprise box from my library, and i will try making one of the recipes from it, substituting the dungeon/fantasy ingredients for real world equivalents (like replacing basilisk with chicken)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No substituting allowed.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BakerMan I got barometz. Do you want some?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    27th is going to be good entertainment first presidential debate
    Biden drools, Trump grabs them by the pussy.... Ughh lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Felon VS Meth overlord who will win
    My date tonight has 34 H boobs 🥰
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden trips walking on stage rush to hospital Trump sneakingly lays Legos around Biden potum
    Lol I want them to play board games against each other
    Checkers, Monopoly, connect four lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No matter, afterwards Trump will claim he won, and Biden won't even remember what happened or who he is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say