1. bingkird

OP bingkird Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a fresh sd card, with nothing installed on it.

I updated the firmware on my sysnand to 12 on accident, but that works now with atmosphere supporting it. Gamecard slot works fine there.

The issue is on my emunand, the gamecard slot does not work. Annnd I don't have anything else installed, so I can't get into the homebrew menu.

Not really sure on what to do with the emunand situation. Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks!

2. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Updating to 12.0.0 burns the lotus fuse. You can never use gamecarts on any firmware below that again. Use the album to access the homebrew menu and install an app to use for the future

bingkird likes this.
  3. bingkird

OP bingkird Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I didn't know the album is supposed to open it as well, thanks for that info! I'm fine with not downgrading.

Unfortunately, this isn't working. It's just bringing me to the album. Holding R or other buttons isn't working either.

I see somewhere people are talking about a loader.ini file, but I do not see that in the atmosphere folders at all. :/

4. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hmm I have a clean atmosphere download and its working for me without holding anything. Did you get atmosphere from the github?

bingkird likes this.
  5. bingkird

OP bingkird Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    No, I got it from the sdsetup site earlier today. I'll grab it from github and compare.

Thank you

6. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Id personally recommend getting fresh copies via atmospheres github anytime you have issues. No reason to use 3rd party sources for the most part.

Hayato213 and bingkird like this.
  7. bingkird

OP bingkird Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Definitely noted. I just copied the folder over from github and it worked perfect.

Appreciate all the help! :)

8. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So for educational purposes if you have a dualboot switch your sysnand drives the game cart so if it is higher than your emunand you cant use the game cart.

9. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Only certain firmwares (4.0.0, 9.0.0, 11.0.0 and 12.0.0) burn the lotus fuse. If you have a sysnand on/above any of those and an emunand below, then the emunand will not be able to use gamecarts. The sysnand doesnt necessarily drive the gamecart, you could do it in reverse and have your emunand on 12.0.0, burn the fuse, and then it can use gamecarts but your 11.0.1 sysnand could not.

Goku1992A likes this.
  10. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ahh okay I understand my sysnand is on 9.0.1 but my emunand is on 11.0.1 I only update my emudand but my sysnand

11. mspy

mspy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Isn't there any way to prevent this behavior and make emunand a completely separate entity from the sysnand like it is supposed to be?

12. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No, emunand and sysnand act as separate entities in software. However they obviously use the same hardware, so stuff thats hardware dependent such as fuses and bans are carried between them

13. mspy

mspy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Pardon my noobness, but if we already can update the 'normal' nintendo switch firmware without burning any fuses (literally tricking the system) why would it not be possible to also update the 'gamecard' firmware without burning any type of fuses attached to it as well? (unless the gamecard firmware is not a typical firmware per se, I dunno)

14. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In theory it is possible but scires has said before he has no intentions of messing with lotus iirc because it opens the possibility of flashcarts.

15. mspy

mspy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I don't get why would flashcarts be such a bad thing to have, if piracy is the concern, well the floodgates are already open...

16. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The less excuse nintendo has for legal action the better. Yesterday someone was successfully sued for selling rcm loaders on amazon https://torrentfreak.com/nintendo-w...st-seller-of-rcm-loader-piracy-device-210416/. Hes covering his ass by saying he did what he could to prevent atmosphere being used for piracy.

17. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thats crazy it's a good thing I had bought my RCM Loaders before all this

18. mspy

mspy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    You can still use any computer or even your phone to inject any payload instead, granted that having a custom made RCM Loader may be convenient sometimes.

19. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The RCM Loader is the best I used the computer and my phone and sometimes it can be inconsistent. I paid $20 for 2 RCM loaders I had to wait like 6 weeks but it was worth it. My advice buy them while you still can before Nintendo shut it down

20. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The lotus is chip on the board separate from the rest of the SoC and has its own bootrom etc that only accepts signed firmwares.
    This chip seems to be actually well designed and likely has zero bugs, thus we cannot take it over and tell it to boot custom/modified firmwares.
    Nobody’s looked into it because of the aforementioned piracy issues and the fact that hacking it is likely impossible.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - sysnand, emunand, issue