Hacking syscheck freezes and restarts wii - plz hlp

joystick_jack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syscheck loads on my Wii but once the progress bar fill on the "checking IOS vulnerabilities" stage it goes to a colored screen for about a second and then restarts my system back to bootmii. It also generate a report that just says:

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: NTSC-U
The system menu v481 is running under IOS58 (rev 6176)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 33774480
Boot2 v2
Found 128 titles
Found 43 IOS on this console
Found 4 IOS Stubs on this console

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with SysCheck 2.0.1.
I started up the program, but it freezes when it tries to check the IOS9 vulnerabilities. Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure 2.0.1 is the latest version.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prince Valmont said:
I'm having problems with SysCheck 2.0.1.
I started up the program, but it freezes when it tries to check the IOS9 vulnerabilities. Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure 2.0.1 is the latest version.
There is a known problem with SysCheck v2.0.1 and missing low number IOSes. For some reason if SysCheck expects an IOS, like IOS9, but that IOS is not installed, it will hang on the missing IOS. So chances are, you might not have IOS9 installed. If you do have an IOS9, it may be a non-standard IOS. In either case just install the latest IOS9 (v1034).

-[]D

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Load dop-mii and scan the wii. Possibly it will scan everything or possibly it will crash. If it crashes, you have a corrupt ios installed. If it crashes, take not of the last ios displayed and reinstall the ios below it which is the one that crashed. Example if dop-mii displays all ios up to ios37, then crashes, reinstall ios36.
Don't install any stub ios, And ios30-v1040, ios35-v1040, ios36-v1042 are known to crash on some new wiis, possibly other ios as well.

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright; small update.

I ran Dop-Mii. The first time I tried running the syscheck, it mentioned I had AHBPROT installed, and asked if I wanted to continue using that. I clicked A for yes. Took me back to the main DOP-Mii menu.

I tried running the syscheck within Dop-Mii again. Said it had 33 IOSs to check then gave me a Code/Stack dump error. Hard reboot.

I ran it again after rebooting. The syscheck started running normally. I got through the first page of results. It asked me to click A to continue. I did, then got another code/stack dump error.

I've tried 3 or 4 times since then, and I get the code/stack dump errors as the test starts. I'm beginning to suspect it may be my SD card.

Oh, and @fattest: I tried running Syscheck GX, but it crashed at IOS9, just like Syscheck 2.0.1 did.

Any pointers from here?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prince Valmont said:
Alright; small update.

I ran Dop-Mii. The first time I tried running the syscheck, it mentioned I had AHBPROT installed, and asked if I wanted to continue using that. I clicked A for yes. Took me back to the main DOP-Mii menu.

I tried running the syscheck within Dop-Mii again. Said it had 33 IOSs to check then gave me a Code/Stack dump error. Hard reboot.

I ran it again after rebooting. The syscheck started running normally. I got through the first page of results. It asked me to click A to continue. I did, then got another code/stack dump error.

I've tried 3 or 4 times since then, and I get the code/stack dump errors as the test starts. I'm beginning to suspect it may be my SD card.

Oh, and @fattest: I tried running Syscheck GX, but it crashed at IOS9, just like Syscheck 2.0.1 did.

Any pointers from here?
Try running the dop mii syscheck running under ios250

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Try running the dop mii syscheck running under ios250

Just tried this. I get through the first page, then about through two IOSs from the second, then Code/Stack dump.

I've also tried IOS36 & IOS249 with different results, but nowhere further than the first two from the second page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1