Homebrew Homebrew app sys-patch - sysmod that patches on boot

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Everyone is making his own release ?! :(
I guess? You can always build your own provided you have the access to the source code.
I'd say that both sources can be trusted, despite the fact that the files are slightly different. Official repo is gone now, but the community is working behind the scenes to bring us the working versions.

R3m0ved

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I guess? You can always build your own provided you have the access to the source code.
I'd say that both sources can be trusted, despite the fact that the files are slightly different. Official repo is gone now, but the community is working behind the scenes to bring us the working versions.

God damn, i see, even Lockpick CRC differs from repo to cats
Frack Big N

I don't have access to source code nah

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: ber71 and Blythe93

NotUsingAnAltAccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
What changed tho, did you stop trusting them for some reason (if you were downloading from there before)? Or were you always getting releases from GitHub? If so, everything's fine with that website and with releases from this community as well.

R3m0ved

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
What changed tho, did you stop trusting them for some reason (if you were downloading from there before)? Or were you always getting releases from GitHub? If so, everything's fine with that website and with releases from this community as well.

Always trusted only Github devs release, straight from the source, always made my own minimal sigpatches (only needed version) with MrDude tool (from his github repo) then compare CRC with various sources, including here and three cats

I use BeyondCompare to compare binaries integrities

Then when i'm sure, uploaded on my personal GDrive, you never know

Yeah i know, my OCD is quite big, especially on releases
Same goes for Roms and Updates... only scene releases and compare integrity on srrdb, then save on NAS...

I hate those AiO packs :D, i've seen some really odd hekate configs out there, like it works but it's clearly a copypasta with extra lines that don't make any sense when you properly read the docs
I should donate to those guys, their work is damn gud (MrDude and TotalJustice, next month i'll buy you a beer)

Last edited by R3m0ved,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe it's the fw then ? I'm on 17.0.1, with ams 1.6.2
If it's not that then I really have no clue but yeah, knowing a little bit about how that works would be interesting

That is possible. I'm on 18 and 1.7.0.

Edit: So that's not it. I downgraded my emuMMC to 17.0.1 and ams to 1.6.2. Same thin. All are orange except ctest is still green. I get that it doesn't matter, but it's driving me nuts not knowing why both yours and Blythe93's ctest is orange and mine is green.

Like I said previously, I even tried removing sys-patch and my ctest was STILL green. How is that? Green means it's patched by sys-patch. How can that be if I deleted it? Anyone have any explanation for that, and also why the same set of sigpatches aren't patching my ctest but they do for others? Something has to be causing it and I know it doesn't matter but I still want to know why and/or what is causing mine to behave differently.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@impeeza i got to ask, the sys-patch 1.5.1 posted above has been updated by @TotalJustice ? or by yourself ?
Sorry to bother with that but i have OCD on this and the official repo is now gone for good... and i'm not sure anymore where to get the OG source and info...this triggers my OCD big time
IPS patch creator and LockPick are still easy to find, for now...

Could you or someone here DM me the "not so usual place" you're reffering to ?

I really don't know if TotalJustice was involved in the new code, I tried to contact him but i can't do

Three cats site

View attachment 428666

Yandex @impeeza

View attachment 428667

Now my OCD is off the limit, sizes and CRC32 are not the same
Everyone is making his own release ?! :(
The modified code was around in some discussion channels so anybody could build it
The differences on size maybe the name of the folder where the build is done

Impeeza made his own, they made their own, I made my own. So yes :)
Neither, a week know developer of the scene shared the modified code whit me and I shared with you.

If anybody is interested in the source let us to know

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, your repo were dmca'd. Can't you update this and upload the updated version here or on a page like github hosted in the eu for example? Or have you been forbidden to continue working on this tool?
No.
That is possible. I'm on 18 and 1.7.0.

Edit: So that's not it. I downgraded my emuMMC to 17.0.1 and ams to 1.6.2. Same thin. All are orange except ctest is still green. I get that it doesn't matter, but it's driving me nuts not knowing why both yours and Blythe93's ctest is orange and mine is green.

Like I said previously, I even tried removing sys-patch and my ctest was STILL green. How is that? Green means it's patched by sys-patch. How can that be if I deleted it? Anyone have any explanation for that, and also why the same set of sigpatches aren't patching my ctest but they do for others? Something has to be causing it and I know it doesn't matter but I still want to know why and/or what is causing mine to behave differently.
The log file is still there, that's why it's green, even after you deleted the system module

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The size and checksum differences are because of build environment differences. The version of libnx you use, the devkitA64 version, the operating system ect. It can all influence the build process enough to change the outcome. If you don't trust the builds in the wild you will have to build yourself.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The size and checksum differences are because of build environment differences. The version of libnx you use, the devkitA64 version, the operating system ect. It can all influence the build process enough to change the outcome. If you don't trust the builds in the wild you will have to build yourself.
Sometimes even the same code at the exactly same environment create different binaries because the timestamp of building is included in the binaries

R3m0ved

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Sometimes even the same code at the exactly same environment create different binaries because the timestamp of building is included in the binaries

Yeah i know all of that, i was looking for the OG binary like old times, but i guess i better get used to it now :)
Thx for your responses guys and thx for the share, i won't go full PTSD building my own tho

Lockpick repo have binary release, but cats still made their own, weird choice, but who am i to judge
Dark times fellas, i'm still stuck in one release spreading over era, but i guess the hunt won't stop

Last edited by R3m0ved,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ +1