Hacking sys-hidplus-client-rs - An alternative client for sys-hidplus

kenesu_h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, this release was actually done two days ago, but it took a bit since I was holding off updating my Switch firmware and Atmosphere. Plus, I wanted to take some time to test that everything worked on a basic level before publishing it. That said, it's done and should be fully compatible with 13.0.0 (unless I missed something).

Link: https://github.com/kenesu-h/sys-hidplus/releases/tag/1.3-alpha.0

I'm not too familiar with the sysmodule side of things, but if anyone's using older versions of the Switch firmware, this probably won't work on them, so I strongly recommend updating.

Reactions: BurningScarlett

Sylx3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I created an account on GBATemp just to say thank you for this ! This is actually really awesome and usefull. Congrats to you and the creators of the original software ! (and excuse my bad english please)

Last edited by Sylx3,
Reactions: kenesu_h

Shaddap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huge thanks for this, it works great! Just one question.

Is it possible to change controllers from Pro Controllers to single joycons? I'd like to be able to play Clubhouse Games but it won't allow usage of Pro Controllers. I know the original had the option to use single joycons, so I was wondering if this can be added in to your client as well. Thanks again!

kenesu_h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huge thanks for this, it works great! Just one question.

Is it possible to change controllers from Pro Controllers to single joycons? I'd like to be able to play Clubhouse Games but it won't allow usage of Pro Controllers. I know the original had the option to use single joycons, so I was wondering if this can be added in to your client as well. Thanks again!
Yep it is. I didn't add the single joy-con options to the GUI version of the client since the Rust GUI library I use doesn't support dropdown menus yet (or anything else along those lines), but it's still technically there.

One of the things you could do is open config.toml with a text editor and check out the "switch_pads" section. It should be in the same folder as the client executable. There, you can replace 'ProController' with 'JoyConLSide' or 'JoyConRSide' for the respective controller slots (the single-quotes and capitalization matter). You can open the client back up after you save those changes. I can clarify this a bit more if I worded this confusingly.

I don't have Clubhouse Games though so I personally can't test if the emulated joy-cons work fine for it. As far as I know the implementation is basically the same as the original, but things might be wonky here and there. Let me know how it goes and if you've got any more questions!

Reactions: Shaddap

Shaddap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it is. I didn't add the single joy-con options to the GUI version of the client since the Rust GUI library I use doesn't support dropdown menus yet (or anything else along those lines), but it's still technically there.

One of the things you could do is open config.toml with a text editor and check out the "switch_pads" section. It should be in the same folder as the client executable. There, you can replace 'ProController' with 'JoyConLSide' or 'JoyConRSide' for the respective controller slots (the single-quotes and capitalization matter). You can open the client back up after you save those changes. I can clarify this a bit more if I worded this confusingly.

I don't have Clubhouse Games though so I personally can't test if the emulated joy-cons work fine for it. As far as I know the implementation is basically the same as the original, but things might be wonky here and there. Let me know how it goes and if you've got any more questions!
Worked like a charm! I had taken a look at config.toml but I wasn't sure exactly what I should replace "ProController" with, so I figured I'd drop by your topic to ask you directly. The controllers did show up as the left and right joycons respectively but I quickly realized that Clubhouse Games is kinda...lame. lol Amusingly, you have to hold your controller (friend and I are using Dualshock 4's) sideways, as the analog directions are rotated 90 degrees for the menu and in some games in Clubhouse Games. Not a major issue, as we didn't really enjoy the games offered as much as we would've liked but it's nice to know that we have the option to try out forced single joycon-per-player games.

Thanks again!

kenesu_h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked like a charm! I had taken a look at config.toml but I wasn't sure exactly what I should replace "ProController" with, so I figured I'd drop by your topic to ask you directly. The controllers did show up as the left and right joycons respectively but I quickly realized that Clubhouse Games is kinda...lame. lol Amusingly, you have to hold your controller (friend and I are using Dualshock 4's) sideways, as the analog directions are rotated 90 degrees for the menu and in some games in Clubhouse Games. Not a major issue, as we didn't really enjoy the games offered as much as we would've liked but it's nice to know that we have the option to try out forced single joycon-per-player games.

Thanks again!
Of course! Even if it's not a major issue though, I'm pretty interested in correcting that analog behavior for joy-cons. I may or may not take some time soon to work that out.

Sylx3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone know if the sys module updated for 13.0 works also with 13.1 and atmo 1.2.4 ?
Edit : Nevermind, got the info, it works :)

Last edited by Sylx3,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: As a matter of fact, I might go out for lunch at Subway. thanks for the idea