Homebrew Question [SYS-FTPd] in [SX OS]

rootz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The worse thing with current Switch hack is removing the SDcard - then you have to reboot the Switch and do the payload thing. With a USB-C connection to the computer, data transfer can be really fast if there's a file transfer program that supports it - and no reboot. Wifi is just too slow for some retail games like Skyrim, LA Noire, South Park, etc... it will take literally hours to transfer them using Wifi.

Switch supports AC-wireless protocol so speed should not be an issue. I get 100 Mbps with my AC-router which basically means around 7-8 megabytes/second. Which is about half the speed of writing to my sdcard through computer. So getting a background process for FTP on Switch would be great.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch supports AC-wireless protocol so speed should not be an issue. I get 100 Mbps with my AC-router which basically means around 7-8 megabytes/second. Which is about half the speed of writing to my sdcard through computer. So getting a background process for FTP on Switch would be great.

My Sandisk 128gb Ultra writes at 25mb/s and my Sandisk 64gb Extreme writes at 40mb/s, transferring the XCI/NSP is a lot faster than Wifi. USB-C transfer speed is 10gb/s... which means the bottleneck is on the SDcard.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I get about 5mbytes/s with ftpd on sxos on a 5ghz ac - I only use it for smaller files.
For anything bigger I get the SD Card out and get about 30mbytes/s with my card reader

rootz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My Sandisk 128gb Ultra writes at 25mb/s and my Sandisk 64gb Extreme writes at 40mb/s, transferring the XCI/NSP is a lot faster than Wifi. USB-C transfer speed is 10gb/s... which means the bottleneck is on the SDcard.

I agree with those write speeds!

I have a (cheap) Samsung Evo card which writes only around 16mb/s so not much of a difference to AC wifi...

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So theres no tool at the moment to use ftpd in sx os ? Right

After testing various FTPd compilations, they all have failed and crashed in SX OS, except for this version by @m4xw discussed and posted here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ftp-application.506434/page-5#post-8095435

This version of FTPd hasn't crashed on me in either docked or handheld mode. It does not show your IP at the top as it says 0.0.0.0, but as long as you know your switch's IP you are set.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
After testing various FTPd compilations, they all have failed and crashed in SX OS, except for this version by @m4xw discussed and posted here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ftp-application.506434/page-5#post-8095435

This version of FTPd hasn't crashed on me in either docked or handheld mode. It does not show your IP at the top as it says 0.0.0.0, but as long as you know your switch's IP you are set.
Ho Men thank you so much !!! I have the test-2 message , erased the license request file and work like a charmed just passed a 4 gigas nsp game with the switch docked it took 15 minutes and never another messages ,, is great to know I will not have to take off the miscro sd cards and turn off the switch !! :-)

Reactions: morrison22

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ho Men thank you so much !!! I have the test-2 message , erased the license request file and work like a charmed just passed a 4 gigas nsp game with the switch docked it took 15 minutes and never another messages ,, is great to know I will not have to take off the miscro sd cards and turn off the switch !! :-)

Check out this latest version (It's even better, optimized a bit more, and the IP address it correct now.)
This is the latest version up to the most recent commit of 0ade864 from here: https://github.com/WinterMute/ftpd/tree/switch_pr

Attachments

• ftpd.0ade864.zip
    145.8 KB · Views: 215

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...