• Replies 1,366
  • Likes 88

jujuassou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gabon
same, since i installed the latest atmos = sys clk not running etc...
i installed latest firm switch + latest hekate + latests atmosphere (full latest up to date lol)
then i download sys clk => "switch" folder blablabla.
microSD in switch, switch ON, HBM => Sys clk and...Sh*t :'(

Reactions: Shrubber

Kyoka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello, how can I make the overclock automatic? Cause I want to make some games who are not in the database run better, for example Bladed Fury, Darksiders 3, Kingdom Of Amalur, I'd rlly appreciate if anyone tells me how

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks that worked.

I updated to fw 13.2 and cfw 1.2.6 yesterday. Previously on fw 11.0.1 and cfw 0.18.1. Sys-clk worked fine before the update.

After updating the overlay and the app weren't working. But I reinstalled and over wrote the old files and now the app is working. The overlay doesn't, which is a minor inconvenience, but no biggie. Is the overlay working for you guys? I would like to get it working again if possible...Esp for those Saturn NSPs eh ganons? B-)

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BOTW is also running well with a 1862MHz RAM overclock. 1224 and 921 is the max. It'll draw between 18 and 20W.
Also, I previously said you need to patch Atmosphère. That's only for any speed above the max 1785/921/1600, read the frequencies as CPU/GPU/RAM frequency.
How are you calculating the Watts from the CPU and GPU? Can anyone invite me to the RetroNX discord server? I keep finding old links which have expired...

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How are you calculating the Watts from the CPU and GPU? Can anyone invite me to the RetroNX discord server? I keep finding old links which have expired...
charts.png

https://discord.gg/KzvN5kSgQM

Reactions: Zomorph

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks for these and for the invite!

So I just need to read off the Watts from the bottom two graphs and add them together for whatever the CPU/GPU has been set for to get the total Watts? But do I use the orange or grey line?

Finally, any ideas on why the sys-clk overlay isn't working since I updated to fw 13.2 and cfw 1.2.6? The HB app seems fine. I followed this video and used the links

I really appreciate your help brother.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Has anyone done any overclocking for Rune Factory 5? Would be interesting to hear what has been tested :3 Currently thinking about doing roughly the same numbers as with Hyrule Warriors AoC:

handheld_cpu=1326
handheld_gpu=460
handheld_mem=1600
handheld_charging_cpu=1785
handheld_charging_gpu=614
docked_cpu=1785
docked_gpu=844

Edit: Doing great with these numbers, performance has really improved and everything seems stable!

Last edited by ConraDargo,
Reactions: Green Hypnotic

kalitbartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone done any overclocking for Rune Factory 5? Would be interesting to hear what has been tested :3 Currently thinking about doing roughly the same numbers as with Hyrule Warriors AoC:

handheld_cpu=1326
handheld_gpu=460
handheld_mem=1600
handheld_charging_cpu=1785
handheld_charging_gpu=614
docked_cpu=1785
docked_gpu=844

Edit: Doing great with these numbers, performance has really improved and everything seems stable!

yea you no longer feel like a slug

Reactions: ConraDargo

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using sys-clk for years already, but I'm wondering if I should switch to 4ifir on Erista unit. Not only for regular overclocking but for the other features as well.

Does it have any advantage/disadvantage?
Advantages:
Better performance in games sometimes
Disadvantages:
Performance degradation depending on your cpu bin
Nand corruption depending if your memory can hold high clocks.
Excessive heat production
Damage to power regulators in the long term
Damage to the board in the long term

• Wow
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advantages:
Better performance in games sometimes
Disadvantages:
Performance degradation depending on your cpu bin
Nand corruption depending if your memory can hold high clocks.
Excessive heat production
Damage to power regulators in the long term
Damage to the board in the long term
Can it dig up my dead grandmother and search her corpse for jewelry? I mean if you’re gonna sin a little…why not go all the way?

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With more detail on what I said, performance degradation refers to how a clockspeed could be set, but its producing so many errors that correcting them makes it degrade. Added to that, depending on your cpu bin the actual preformance might be in the range of 1.9-2.0, while 4ifir might want to set 2.4ghz. Gpu wise same story. Nand corruption happens because naturaly not every ram chip is made the same so a console could run at 1.9ghz ram without any overvolting, while another one cant reach 1.8 without overvolting. Heat is self explanatory (I probably should delete that ngl, because thermal paste replacements are a thing) . The last point was how erista units at those clockspeeds draw a relatively high amount of power for their boards at just 921. 18 watts is the maximum (I belive the power regulators can carry more, but only for power spikes, not for sustained load) 4ifir draws much more than that. TLDR: 4ifir can help but it will degrade your components much much faster than they should be.

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can it dig up my dead grandmother and search her corpse for jewelry? I mean if you’re gonna sin a little…why not go all the way?
Didn't he answer you clearly? The 4IFIR plant will blow up your grandmother, you are literally going to rape her corpse. Is the dubious performance boost in all resource-intensive games worth it? But who needs these 60 frames per second and native resolution?! In games, the main thing is the gameplay, the rest is done by the imagination...

By the way, at the moment, due to 4IFIR:
Cases of processor degradation - 0.
Cases of failure of memory sections - 0.
Damaged power regulators - 0.
Damaged system boards - 0.
Out of order consoles - 12. Kidding. 0.
Active 4IFIR installations - Tens of thousands.

And yet, I do not recommend using it, what if your console becomes the first to fail?
No, seriously, everything he described can really happen to your console, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: binkinator

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't he answer you clearly? The 4IFIR plant will blow up your grandmother, you are literally going to rape her corpse. Is the dubious performance boost in all resource-intensive games worth it? But who needs these 60 frames per second and native resolution?! In games, the main thing is the gameplay, the rest is done by the imagination...

By the way, at the moment, due to 4IFIR:
Cases of processor degradation - 0.
Cases of failure of memory sections - 0.
Damaged power regulators - 0.
Damaged system boards - 0.
Out of order consoles - 12. Kidding. 0.
Active 4IFIR installations - Tens of thousands.

And yet, I do not recommend using it, what if your console becomes the first to fail?
No, seriously, everything he described can really happen to your console, I guess.
Can it happen well yeah, much faster, but will it happen the macrosecond you install it and force the max? probably not.

Reactions: Cooler3D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu