• Views 516,533
  • Replies 1,366
  • Likes 88

Y0sh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm not interested in overlocking, but underclocking I like.

Has anyone tested the suggested clocks for New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe ? Are you noticing any slowness?

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not interested in overlocking, but underclocking I like.

Has anyone tested the suggested clocks for New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe ? Are you noticing any slowness?
Personally I haven’t encountered any slow down, but load times / level exit times do increase the more you drop the cpu speed. I imagine mem speed might effect load times, however I only tested different cpu clocks.

Don’t underclock the gpu though, I had minor slow down in the few levels I tested.

dreambottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this was asked already, but how can I detect what clockspeeds the game uses by default?

Is it possible to do clock detection from a sysmodule?

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬
Hmmm.... It already has this functionality/you're planning on adding it/my suggestion is pointless because you're never going to do this? That or you're planning on stalking me to which I respond that I'm probably not the best target to stalk. lmao

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.... It already has this functionality/you're planning on adding it/my suggestion is pointless because you're never going to do this? That or you're planning on stalking me to which I respond that I'm probably not the best target to stalk. lmao
Planned features:
Split the config into multiple files (for a drag-and-drop presets installation)
A homebrew frontend to manage presets, and database integration to download them directly from the Switch
Charging clock profiles
┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬

┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure:Afaik, no official switch game uses any clock speeds other than stock. The switch itself handles clocking up or down when docked/undocked. And it only uses the two profiles.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure:Afaik, no official switch game uses any clock speeds other than stock. The switch itself handles clocking up or down when docked/undocked. And it only uses the two profiles.
Handheld has multiple profiles, I know the GPU can run at either 307mhz or 384mhz on retail

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: mathew77

rick191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear once this is installed will it automatically underclock/overclock everything to make all games run the best they can or do you have to manually enter the CPU/GPU/RAM frequency for each game seperately?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Just to be clear once this is installed will it automatically underclock/overclock everything to make all games run the best they can or do you have to manually enter the CPU/GPU/RAM frequency for each game seperately?
How do I use it?

Installation is pretty straightforward - just copy the config and atmosphere folders at the root of your SD card and reboot your console.
The sysmodule will be active and running out of the box.

To create a new preset, just edit /config/sys-clk/config.ini on your SD card and add it following this template:

[Application Title ID]
docked_cpu=
docked_gpu=
docked_mem=
handheld_cpu=
handheld_gpu=
handheld_mem=
The README contains the frequencies tables as well as examples for Breath of the Wild overclock and Picross underclock.

Last edited by bad361,

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been working on setting up values for a few games. One thing I think I noticed is the QLaunch settings for underclocking. Its nice to have the unit running cooler when not in use. However I think when you start a new game without specific values, instead of going back to default, it appears to remain at whatever last clock was set.

So for example:
[0100000000001000]
handheld_cpu=816
handheld_gpu=230
handheld_mem=800

Then I launch:
[0100187003A36000]
handheld_gpu=460

It'll change the GPU clock to 460, but instead of the CPU and MEM going to default values, they sit at 816 and 800 respectively. And if I have a game not listed, it'll stay at whatever QLaunch was set at.

I noticed this because I had the QLaunch lower for docked mode, since I have the unit sitting around for hours, especially if using FTP, etc... Loaded up some games and they were running horribly, checked logs and saw that unless specified, the clocks were not returning to default values.

For now, while creating my list I'll just simply specify default values as well (If I make a setting for every single title) or have QLaunch at defaults, thus returning clock to those values when I close a game in the list.

Last edited by mdmachine,
Reactions: tataniko

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-Added charging profiles

Presets can be customized by adding them to the ini config file located at /config/sys-clk/config.ini, using the following template for each app:

[Application Title ID]
docked_cpu=
docked_gpu=
docked_mem=
handheld_charging_cpu=
handheld_charging_gpu=
handheld_charging_mem=
handheld_charging_usb_cpu=
handheld_charging_usb_gpu=
handheld_charging_usb_mem=
handheld_charging_official_cpu=
handheld_charging_official_gpu=
handheld_charging_official_mem=
handheld_cpu=
handheld_gpu=
handheld_mem=

...nice.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Im getting
Code:
[!] std::bad_alloc
and it fails to load any profiles. with all the new additions am I running out of memory? I commented the living shit out of the config... lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag