• Likes 88

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Gonna post it here too.:

So, from my super professional testing with Korok forest in Zelda BOTW.
1. Game loads faster with default CPU clock (weird).
2. Negligible if any difference in the forest with CPU only overclock
3. Negligible if any difference with GPU and CPU overclock.(edited)

Also, the switch does not seem to heat up (fan not spinning up) while in the forest with then overclocks, so it seems like they are not being used at all. (Compared to my lovely monopoly, where the fan rumps up as soon as the board loads while having a noticeable difference in performance)

Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

renatosk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont understand , can i get 768MHz on handheld with a charger , or it is capped at 460MHz no matter what?

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work, if you can, please add the ability in the config file to only activate the overclocking when plugged into the charger. For example, BOTW clocks in handheld mode will only be increased if the charger is detected, but otherwise are left alone.

Edit: just noticed "Charging clock profiles" is in the todo, looking forward to the implementation!

Last edited by whateverg1012,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Gonna post it here too.:

So, from my super professional testing with Korok forest in Zelda BOTW.
1. Game loads faster with default CPU clock (weird).
2. Negligible if any difference in the forest with CPU only overclock
3. Negligible if any difference with GPU and CPU overclock.(edited)

Also, the switch does not seem to heat up (fan not spinning up) while in the forest with then overclocks, so it seems like they are not being used at all. (Compared to my lovely monopoly, where the fan rumps up as soon as the board loads while having a noticeable difference in performance)

Does anyone have an idea what is going on?
yeah, there are always seem to be lags in korok forest, i just tested it too and even with high gpu clocks and ~1700cpu docked it still lags in certain areas.. But for e.g. with preset cpu clocks (1224) there are no more lags in kakariko tho, which tells us that preset oc would mostly be enough for botw...And there are definately framedrops without cpu oc (tested), so i believe korok forest is just too damn demanding for a cpu or its poorly optimized. And you also can't seem to get rid of poor fps while stasis/magnesis scan no matter what oc you use.

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: Stormflora

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, there are always seem to be lags in korok forest, i just tested it too and even with high gpu clocks gpu and ~1700cpu docked it still lags in certain areas.. But for e.g. with preset cpu clocks (1224) there are no more lags in kakariko tho...And there are definately framedrops without cpu oc (tested), so i believe korok forest is just too damn demanding for a cpu or its poorly optimized
The drops in Korok Forest have nothing to do with the CPU, they're ram related

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice. Hope TX integrates it into SX OS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Very nice work. It's looking like I may have to switch over from SXOS to Atmosphere in the near future. Can't wait for a Gui.
For exactly that reason, because I don't really want to switch from SX

Xebastron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I find the drawing of the interface very interesting, I agree with being able to do OC manually. Theirs would be to disable the use of the BBDD to use the frequencies you want.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wanting to use the RAM and GPU overclocking with RetroArch. Do I just set a preset for the title I use to launch homebrew. Do I need to specify a cpu overclock since RA already does this?

Last edited by pokeparadox, , Reason: Autocorrect overcook to overclock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"