Hacking Question SXOS or no?

Yomiichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ive been using atmosphere a lot and my switch is already banned ( i can only play offline) .. should i continue to use atmosphere or should i buy SXOS ?
and if yes do i really need the pro version? or can i jsut buy the software?

PS: sorry if im posting in the wrong section

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you'd rather use XCIs, get SX (you can just buy a license from what I understand, don't need to buy a dongle).

If you're fine with NSPs then stick with Atmosphere.
The only other feature you're missing out on right now by going with Atmosphere would be HDD support, but that too will eventually end up in Atmosphere.

Yomiichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you'd rather use XCIs, get SX (you can just buy a license from what I understand, don't need to buy a dongle).

If you're fine with NSPs then stick with Atmosphere.
The only other feature you're missing out on right now by going with Atmosphere would be HDD support, but that too will eventually end up in Atmosphere.
thanks.. i use nsp a lot.. but it bugs me that most of the times i waste like hours dloading nps and then installing them to go to the home page and they have error and cant start them.. i really dont know what im doing wrong.. thats why i was wondering if going to sxos would fix that

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks.. i use nsp a lot.. but it bugs me that most of the times i waste like hours dloading nps and then installing them to go to the home page and they have error and cant start them.. i really dont know what im doing wrong.. thats why i was wondering if going to sxos would fix that

Atmosphere requires patches probably why, sxos doesn't.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that you're either installing them with an outdated tool or have outdated sigpatches.

Grab the latest sigpatches from here and then try running what you've installed:
https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases/tag/5.0.0J

If that doesn't work, try also using the latest release of Goldleaf to re-install one or two of the titles giving you trouble and see if that helps:
https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/releases

Yomiichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Atmosphere requires patches probably why, sxos doesn't.
thanks i might really look into it..

My guess is that you're either installing them with an outdated tool or have outdated sigpatches.

Grab the latest sigpatches from here and then try running what you've installed:
https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases/tag/5.0.0J

If that doesn't work, try also using the latest release of Goldleaf to re-install one or two of the titles giving you trouble and see if that helps:
https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/releases
i dont have any games installed rn so i might as well format the switch.. but im afraid ill delete the cfw from the sd or something.. i guess i have to google or use youtube for a guide or something.. but thanks :D

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind the guide I posted is old as dirt, I don't know the link to the updated guide. But it's really as simple as throwing a few files on the sd card. If Atmosphere you put Atmosphere folder on your sd card, and put the patches in the same folder to overwrite some files, then send fusee-primary.bin from your computer to send the payload. SX OS you just have to put boot.dat on the root of your sd card and send payload.bin from your computer assuming you have a usb type c cable. Of course you have to buy the license for SX OS to get the boot.dat.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Yomiichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nevermind the guide I posted is old as dirt, I don't know the link to the updated guide. But it's really as simple as throwing a few files on the sd card. If Atmosphere you put Atmosphere folder on your sd card, and put the patches in the same folder to overwrite some files, then send fusee-primary.bin from your computer to send the payload. SX OS you just have to send payload.bin from your computer assuming you have a usb type c cable.
ic thanks for the help :D

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Honestly sx os isn't really worth the price tag for what it offers anymore. I haven't even use sx os for a while now and even if I lose my licensed I wouldn't even care anymore.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by pcwizard7,

Yomiichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Opinion. Stop. Its worth it depending on what one wants. Its got its advantages over atmosphere
i bought sxos ^_^
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want to be pcless I recommend getting a dongle like this one which u can muiple payloads store on it

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=rcm+loader&_sacat=0

If you want to avoid install games all the time and use custom xci with updates and dlc already in it. And want to load games from a hdd for dock mode specially then get sxos
when i dload a xci does it come with dlc and upd already or do i have to do it manually? and does it work even if im banned or do i have to use the nsp upd/dlc?

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when i dload a xci does it come with dlc and upd already or do i have to do it manually? and does it work even if im banned or do i have to use the nsp upd/dlc?
Depends. Normally an XCI is just a gamecart dump, so you have to install update and DLC NSPs on top.

However, there are a lot of so called "custom XCIs" around that include update and DLC already. You can also generate them yourself using NSC Builder:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsc_bui...lder-game-updates-dlc-in-a-single-xci.522486/

Yomiichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Its got its advantages over atmosphere
The downsides are far bigger. Lack of updates, broken updates that made systems unusable and led to bans. OP, just get an RCMloader ONE or an R4S Dongle and you have all you need for CFW. Something hacked up together from free things can't be better. Don't pour your money down the drain.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS for HDD support I’ve been using it for near a year and it’s great. I always used SXOS since it was the first public CFW, I have the pro set. No matter where I can, dongle (which is just a payload injector) + JIG works great. For ease, SXOS. No sigpatches to worry about since it’s part of the boot file. There is sometimes a slight delay in updates. But when an update is released no games instantly require it anyway. You can resign any update file / NSP to work with your version of emuNAND / sysNAND.

Reactions: ztyp2k

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally id go for SXOS as its all contained within its CFW (boot.dat), you dont need to rely on other people/tools to bring similar features.

only downfall with SXOS (which is not just limited to SXOS) is the cheat feature, SXOS has no means to find pointers, yet atmos does (from what i hear not above 8.x) again, we rely on someone else to update this tool and he's busy/cant update.

Yomiichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
SXOS for HDD support I’ve been using it for near a year and it’s great. I always used SXOS since it was the first public CFW, I have the pro set. No matter where I can, dongle (which is just a payload injector) + JIG works great. For ease, SXOS. No sigpatches to worry about since it’s part of the boot file. There is sometimes a slight delay in updates. But when an update is released no games instantly require it anyway. You can resign any update file / NSP to work with your version of emuNAND / sysNAND.
i seem to have run with a problem with xci files larger than 4gb.. dunno wut to do.. guess ill be googling all day xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol