Hacking SXOS Injector Usable?

YamiPrem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there

I have migrated from SXOS to Atmosphere but was wondering can I still use the SXOS payload injector thingy for Atmos for example?

If not, what's a good cheap Atmos injector as I don't always have my laptop around to use Tegra.

Thanks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your options are RCM Loader and NS Atmosphere if you want a payload injector.

upload_2021-9-1_10-25-32.png

You could always convert a .bin format payload to boot.dat format using the github link below

https://github.com/ELY3M/sx-custom-boot.dat-maker

Reactions: YamiPrem

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to convert and update the payload for your dongle just once and never have to do it again, I recommend to use this payload.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/581600/

It will boot \atmosphere\reboot_payload.bin on your SD card (which comes pre-installed when you update atmosphere). You can of course change the default reboot_payload.bin (which is fusee-primary.bin renamed, by default) to any other payloads, such as hekate or something else.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ELY_M

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never actually tried it but when you plug the sxos dongle into a pc does it read as a media drive like the rcm ones do? Like literally just replace the files on it?

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can convert the payload you are using, like fusee-primary, hekate and so on to boot.dat that can be used with the SX dongle on this site
https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

This. I put the hekate payload on this site and the boot.dat generated on my SD card root and I can now use the SX OS dongle to boot Hekate (then Atmosphere).

dnozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't. We can only modify what the payload boots into which is boot.dat on the SD card.
So Let me see if I got this correct. The dongle tells the switch the name of the file to load. Different dongles load different named files. So in this particular case to use a sx dongle (which loads boot.dat) we need to change or convert the files on the sd card. Correct? Not change the files on the dongle.??

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
So Let me see if I got this correct. The dongle tells the switch the name of the file to load. Different dongles load different named files. So in this particular case to use a sx dongle (which loads boot.dat) we need to change or convert the files on the sd card. Correct? Not change the files on the dongle.??
Different dongles will work in different ways but for the SX Pro / SX Gear you can't change the built in payload. The payload that is built in will automatically load boot.dat which could be SXOS or it could be something that pretends to be SXOS then chain loads another payload from the SD Card. Imo the nicest way to do it is to use the official SX Gear boot.dat file because then you don't need to create a new boot.dat every time you update your payload, you can just place it on the SD Card and have it load a regular payload from the SD Card called payload.bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...