Hacking SXOS "Emunand" setup time

HiruleLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Updated to sx os 2 as soon as it was out, now the setup is going on for almost three hours out of the said 20 min. In the meantime I'm reading all kind of bad things about that emunand and I'm not feeling so comfortable

Last edited by HiruleLink,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I guess you can't end it. If you force shut down your Switch, your nand might get corrupted (not sure about this, but it is writing to your NAND!!!)
And if it will work, going online on any of those will get you banned sooner or later.

I hope you did a backup before anything...

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: -----a

HiruleLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry man. You are in a bad spot. If you turn off you brick like Kubas said. But as soon as it gets done you might get banned

There is a mayicam "Cancel" button... May I press it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The biggest problem is that even if it would take hours, your switch will die before it would be done, so you would brick (probably).
It doesn't change in rcm?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
There is a mayicam "Cancel" button... May I press it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It doesn't change in rcm?
It das, but extremely slowly (300ma I think max)

Depends on you. Do you want to cancel it and see what it does or wait and see what happens?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: HiruleLink
D

Deleted-442439

I hope you have made a full rawNAND backup before attempting this, as you should. The TX ""emunand"" solution is not emuannd, its dualboot and it does directly write to NAND creating a new partition, if you cancel that process there is a high chance of a brick.

Cancel it now, do not let the battery die.

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suggest you to cancel it right now, three hours is more or less the amount of time the battery lasts

EDIT: Many people told you to not cancel it, but I think it's better cancelling from software that let the console dies. Dunno man, it's your choice.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I hope you have made a full rawNAND backup before attempting this, as you should. The TX ""emunand"" solution is not emuannd, its dualboot and it does directly write to NAND creating a new partition, if you cancel that process there is a high chance of a brick.

Cancel it now, do not let the battery die.
hopefully, it creates a new partition and then just copies to it. That wouldn't brick it, would it?

D

Deleted-442439

hopefully, it creates a new partition and then just copies to it. That wouldn't brick it, would it?

It highly depends where the process is hanging. Without being able to see a log as the process is executed (as TX should have done) it's impossible to say.

HiruleLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pressed cancel, it did it in a couple seconds and next thing on screen was: "Emunand creation successful"
I actually don't know what to think

Last edited by HiruleLink,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended