Hacking Discussion SX OS's Ban Reports

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get Splatoon 2 backup and play online. How would I do this without getting banned? My TX is coming soon.
You can't. Playing online with backups is just begging to be flagged b/c of the cert checking. The reason people get banned is b/c
1. They don't take the warnings seriously
2. Have no knowledge of CFW/Backups being detectable online
3. Don't care about getting banned
You want to play online without ban? buy the actual game without using CFW

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: Tomobobo

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't. Playing online with backups is just begging to be flagged b/c of the cert checking. The reason people get banned is b/c
1. They don't take the warnings seriously
2. Have no knowledge of CFW/Backups being detectable online
3. Don't care about getting banned
You want to play online without ban? buy the actual game without using CFW

then what's the point? Most games even mario odyssey has a lot of online features. Also how come there's people saying they can go online still even with sx?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then what's the point? Most games even mario odyssey has a lot of online features. Also how come there's people saying they can go online still even with sx?
Because Nintendo's bans are random and inconsistent. Many other SX users will simply tell you that they just dumped a certificate from one of their cartridges (or used games) and injected it into their backup. They think this is safe because they have not been banned yet. There is a big difference between not banned and safe. I think the 3DS scene is the only other living testament to that. To answer your earlier question, arguably the "safest" way would to be to dump the certificate from a copy of Splatoon 2 to go online with.

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Nintendo's bans are random and inconsistent. Many other SX users will simply tell you that they just dumped a certificate from one of their cartridges (or used games) and injected it into their backup. They think this is safe because they have not been banned yet. There is a big difference between not banned and safe. I think the 3DS scene is the only other living testament to that. To answer your earlier question, arguably the "safest" way would to be to dump the certificate from a copy of Splatoon 2 to go online with.

yeah i'm from the wii u mods. idk what dumping certificate is or what even a certificate is in general. are they like the tickets on wii u? i have yet to download any backups yet or know any sources at the moment or learned how to dump games. still a bab here lol. not asking where either tho *cough cough* DM

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm from the wii u mods. idk what dumping certificate is or what even a certificate is in general. are they like the tickets on wii u? i have yet to download any backups yet or know any sources at the moment or learned how to dump games. still a bab here lol. not asking where either tho *cough cough* DM
Sorry, I guess I should have explained simpler. Basically, to go online, your game needs something. We refer to it as a certificate. Cartridges all have them as well as eShop titles. The difference, for the Switch at least, is that one is tied solely to the cartridge while the other is generated after you get it from the eShop with a combination of console-specific stuff. This means you can never go online with an eShop dump until someone reverses this process. However, with cartridges, you can just grab one from another game and inject it into another if the latter does not have a certificate (which by the way all public dumps lack). This worked on the 3DS because Nintendo did not have a way to cross check certificates with the games they come from so as long as a certificate did not go online in more than one place simultaneously, you were good. For the Switch, Nintendo has now fully implemented a check which now flags your certificate, at the very least, and probably your console/account. Now they know which certificate got the flag, they can prevent that certificate from being able to go online no matter what game its injected in known as a certificate ban. And remember, while all if not most people have been flagged, bans may or may not be dished out immediately. After all, none of us work for Nintendo so we can only speculate on how they carry out this process.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/8rxg26/psa_strong_antipiracy_measures_implemented_by/

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about everyone who went online with backups are banned. Every Switch game backup from these *cough* downloading sites have a unique certificate. Now when many ppl use a game with that same certificate on different consoles via online Nintendo will ban you under their anti piracy measures. The only safe way in existence is by having your own legitimate copy of the game b/c you are the only 1 with that unique certificate registered on your console. I understand you been hacking the WII, but as I said many times this is a different Nintendo :) You go online with piracy expect a ban best thing we can tell you is play single player games offline and buy games that have online support. Swapping certificates won't work either b/c it has to match with the cartridge title. Will just be another easy way for Nintendo to flag you. Bans aren't necessarily random for the most part anyone going online with backups have been banned according to the victims in the ban thread regardless if they use Layered FS or SX OS.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about everyone who went online with backups are banned. Every Switch game backup from these *cough* downloading sites have a unique certificate. Now when many ppl use a game with that same certificate on different consoles via online Nintendo will ban you under their anti piracy measures. The only safe way in existence is by having your own legitimate copy of the game b/c you are the only 1 with that unique certificate registered on your console. I understand you been hacking the WII, but as I said many times this is a different Nintendo :) You go online with piracy expect a ban best thing we can tell you is play single player games offline and buy games that have online support. Swapping certificates won't work either b/c it has to match with the cartridge title. Will just be another easy way for Nintendo to flag you. Bans are't neccessairly random for the most part anyone going online with backups have been banned according to the victims in the ban thread regardless if they use Layered FS or SX OS.
Or, buy a game take the certificate and then sell the game. You still have a certificate and money. is this possible? or am i being dumb lol

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you use a backup with WIFI on, but DO NOT use the online features, if that will get you banned too
Like airplane mode sure. Tho I would just go full offline with them anyway since net connectivity is not needed unless you need to download homebrew apps
Or, buy a game take the certificate and then sell the game. You still have a certificate and money. is this possible? or am i being dumb lol
That seems like it can work, but the problem remains when that same certificate is being used on more than 1 console since you sold the cartridge . Until we find a way to spoof certificate checking like a bypass it is not safe to play backups online

Last edited by MasterJ360,

ImFlux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does bootting into SX OS leaves any trace while I'm not using it?
I mean, I would love to buy Splatoon 2 and play online while beeing able to boot into CFW when I'm not using an online dependable game
Using the same account would be a trace?

LucioDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
People who posted their status can give an update? Are you still fine or some has been banned? I just got my sx pro today and i wanna know about these people

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
People who posted their status can give an update? Are you still fine or some has been banned? I just got my sx pro today and i wanna know about these people
I'm still not banned, I'm now always online (haven't played online multiplayer game) I update games inside SX OS FW and juts use my switch as if the cartridges were original purchased, I also have pSNES, pFBA with a couple of ROMs. Never used mods or layeredFS.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to be clear. At the moment there was a wave of LayeredFS users bans, but 0 sx os ban ?
Thanks for you'r time, i'm not an english native and sometimes its hard to understand with all theses specific vocabularies.

Go here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub.508710/

Its been tabulated rather rigorously by @Draxzelex, every thing experienced bans and with so much data and a thorough questionnaire from the OP there's little room for doubt to actual data. Don't waste your time talking with corporate cheerleaders trying to astroturf.

It is not possible to differentiate users who used both LFS and SX and were banned (and for a forum such as this filled with enthusiasts, that will be a lot, leading to a biased sample-set of data), but there also numerous such cases as well. So its impossible to know just how many were banned for SX vs. LFS. But there are half a dozen reported bans on SX alone.

Last edited by V-Temp,

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I searched a lot but still have some questions, if someone could answer me I'll be happy

I know theres a high chance of being banned if I use sx os, right. But if I got a ban, what exactly I wouldn't be able to do? Just play online and download eshop games? Could I still update the firmware and the games?

And another thing, I have a account that has a game, is it safe (I mean safe not safe from ban, but safe to "save the account") to play with that account online in the OFW until I get banned?

Will I be able to unlink that account and use it in another console without any problems or if I got banned with that account linked to my console will be stuck forever in it?

I need to know because I was planning playing that original digital game (MK8) until I got banned, but I didnt want to lose that game if I got a ban.

Thanks!

mbze430

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played my non-backup Splatoon 2 match last night. Still not ban.

I still won't go online with a backup but I have updated all of them to the latest version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, I searched a lot but still have some questions, if someone could answer me I'll be happy

I know theres a high chance of being banned if I use sx os, right. But if I got a ban, what exactly I wouldn't be able to do? Just play online and download eshop games? Could I still update the firmware and the games?

There are two types of bans right now. Console and Game. If your console is completely banned, you can't do anything with it (no onlie games or eshop but you can still play what is already on your Switch). Game bans are just that you can't play online on that game; in this case, you can still download updates and purchase eshop.

Last edited by mbze430,

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned: NO
Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: YES
SX OS Used offline: YES
SX OS used online: NO
Played with SX Backups online: NO
Layered FS Used offline: NO
Layered FS Used online: NO
Played with Layered FS Injects online: NO
Does the Eshop work: YES
Backups updated with what Firmware: OFW

Last edited by TJHeartnote,

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned: NO
Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: YES
SX OS Used offline: YES
SX OS used online: NO
Played with SX Backups online: NO
Layered FS Used offline: NO
Layered FS Used online: NO
Played with Layered FS Injects online: NO
Does the Eshop work: YES
Backups updated with what Firmware: OFW
Did you use Cert from another game, or just blank cert?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head