Discussion Sx Os Vs ReiNX

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Shalashaska98, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Shalashaska98
    OP

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    Well, stop right here, we have used up a lot of energy to explain why one is better than the other, this thread was not created for this purpose but solely to compare the search results during the last 90 days. As per the screenshot attached, SX os wins in the number of search using Google. If we analyse the graph at the end of the period, it's interesting to see that each drop of SX search is accompanied with an increase of Reinx search.

Source: Google trends

Attached Files:

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Maybe SX OS is still kinda a buzzword?

3. Shalashaska98
    OP

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    Maybe, since it was lunched first.

4. mariogamer

mariogamer GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    I get the point and I understand why it would make sense, but I don't think comparing search is enough.

Kinda like that.

5. Shalashaska98
    OP

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    This is a mere search comparaison, it doesn't in any case reflect the number of users

mariogamer likes this.
  6. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    The reason why we have so many search queries for ReiNX is, because people were searching for reinz (over 7.000.000 results) or Reiny (german keyboard layout, y and z are swapped), and had typos in their search requests. ReiNX would have a lot less requests if those kind of typos weren't that common. But yea, people know what's good for them I guess.

isoisoiso and Shalashaska98 like this.
  7. buttslaya617z

buttslaya617z Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Stop shilling your paid piracy shit.

opmas likes this.
  8. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    People who searched for SX OS are dummies who need to be hand-held through everything, and didn't know where to look.

ReiNX users know to go directly to GBATemp, or the SwitchHacks reddit, or the discord channel they've already joined, or the GitHub repo...

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  9. Borsalino

Borsalino GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    ReiNX because its free. If there is a crack for SX OS will probably use it. Don't want to pay for stuff that I can get for free.

10. Shalashaska98
    OP

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    Some Reinx traffic was also driven from YouTube vidoes (tutorials)

11. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    And here I was expecting a proper comparison.

buttslaya617z likes this.
  12. Shalashaska98
    OP

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    I don't think that a proper comparison is possible as the discussion will be, SX has Xci and ReiNX is free and "I won't pay for a piracy software"..and so on. I think we have enough threads about this. But sorry for the disappointment.

13. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    I think it's more the other way around. Like it nor not, SX OS is simpler to use, ReiNX needs more search to find out how to use properly

14. isoisoiso

isoisoiso GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2018
    Spain
    Interesting
    Also nice avatar

15. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    The problem is that the use of search results just reads like another p***ing match between the two and is just adding fuel to the fire, especially when there could be numerous reasons behind search analytics e.g. a 'shout out', the release of a new version/features, etc.

I'd suggest also giving an actual link to the source since it makes actual data analysis easier, essential given the above (I'm guessing you took the image yesterday?):
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 3-m&q=SX OS,Reinx

16. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Too bad we can't add Atmosphere in there, people search that word like crazy.

Not really sure what information is to be gleaned from this though.

17. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Wow, that went right over your head. I can tell you're one of those people.

Yes, SX OS is simpler to use. Which is why the people who need their hand held are the ones who use it. It's these same people who have to Google everything because they don't know where to look.

18. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    They do though...the official site explains everything, they have to go there to get the OS anyway and there's an FAQ there. So they DO know where to look. They might not know the exact site but they know where to look. And it's not just that, not by a long shot. SX OS is better known as it's more advertised unlike the free alternatives

SaffronXL and ChibiReaper like this.
  19. PiracyForTheMasses

PiracyForTheMasses GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2018
    United States
    I think you're wrong. Hints why there's constantly sxos users asking for help on here, discord, DU etc. instead of going to the TX page where their questions should be asked considering it's the home of sxos. Reinx needs more search to find out how to use properly? Nope, not really. Not when Reinx originated on here/discord with an installation guide. Where most of it's users also originated from. Also search result percentage can not be used to compare considering searching for SXOS could be a person searching for TX hardware such as a dongle and not TX software

RHOPKINS13 likes this.
  20. Shalashaska98
    OP

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    I confirm that the link reflects what I have posted previously. The intention was merely to share Google trends results hopefully no one is gonna start a flight.

isoisoiso likes this.