Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SXOS is open source since when?
i mean the firmware its based on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

TX has been using the free, open source code of Atmos to build their paid, close piece of software. On top of that, they never gave attribution to the original developers.
And when people pointed that, they just made fun of it, with their fanboys laughing as well.
It's not hard to tell why a huge part of the community hates TX and SX.

But again, this particular discussion is not about that, but about when is a good idea to use SX and when is not.
i mean pretty sure they got enough hate and no real recognition on their modchips
which require RnD and testing, design mass production etc

but sure no one really points out the time and actual money that went into those things
just the fact some dev ported an open source firmware

Reactions: Albar

Boydy86

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i mean pretty sure they got enough hate and no real recognition on their modchips
which require RnD and testing, design mass production etc
TX ethics don't sit right with me, (My opinion only.), however, that comment was spot on.

Reactions: LeyendaV

shunesburg69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope the Xecuter Team will release the source code, now they can't make money with it, to screw Nintendo with their stupid policies against the hack. They forget the fact only hackable machines have success (it's one of the reasons WiiU was a flop and 3DS was low to progress) and the success of Nes mini it's based on emulation (the same open source emulators which hackers build) and without emulators the retro-gaming shouldn't be so fashion. And the merge part of people who hack, buy the games if they really love it.

Last edited by shunesburg69,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They forget the fact only hackable machines have success (it's one of the reasons WiiU was a flop and 3DS was low to progress)
WiiU was fully hackable, and still.., my favorite console to play wiiU, wIi, and NGC games. 3ds was also hackable “pretty soon” in the life of the hardware.

Last edited by Maupiti,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
l look at this thread with such longer, as I know in my heart of Hearts its over....

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
l look at this thread with such longer, as I know in my heart of Hearts its over....
What is over ? Tx ?, maybe, but that’s not the “point”, the “hack” exist, and can be used, for “whatever purpose “.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Caful Prime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Same problem with Axiom Verge 2 (sxos, fw 11.0). Other games work with patch, not this one : screen blocked with Nintendo Switch logo. Maybe problem with this game is the game itself or patch ?
Same boat here
SXcore user here, used the sx gear technique to try to boot atmos , so then update safely to fw 12.x , but didn´t worked, so stucked at fw 11 until further notice

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can convert xci to nsp with 4nxci, and there's a gui version. just need the keys. think it's up to 0b with the latest update, so games will probably start releasing with that key. I only know enough about switch stuff to convert, compress, rename, etc. games, no experience on the system itself though.

edit: if you put the folder in program files, remember to use the gui as administrator.

Last edited by godreborn,

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
what makes you think that?
I am literally asking because i don't see patched XCIs anymore (Cant use nsp because my sd card is too small and im using an external HDD)? if there is a way id love if you show me the way because im trying to get NMH3 to run ...

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
The newest games still works great, just patch them for 11.0.0

can you please link me the patcher or it's thread ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see this thread again...
cdf8a212c20f235f3b4a283664ce0595.jpg

some people still use SX OS because it's convenient, you're welcome to ignore us :)

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

some people still use SX OS because it's convenient, you're welcome to ignore us :)
still use SX... but this thread is not for Troubleshooting or help. its a Thread is discussing possible updates/ccoping

Last edited by djpannda,

Shiro_The_Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

still use SX... but this thread is not for Troubleshooting or help. its a Thread is discussing possible updates/ccoping

I remember when xbox dropped support for original consoles as well Nintendo for the wii & 3ds , someone will pick up the work from others including sxos if there is enough of a want / demand to do something with them, its the same with phones and custom Os roms

Last edited by Shiro_The_Fox,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I remember when xbox dropped support for original consoles as well Nintendo for the wii & 3ds , someone will pick up the work from others including sxos if there is enough of a want / demand to do something with them, its the same with phones and custom Os roms
I wonder if this will age like sour milk. Because SXOS is very closed source.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only hope is that SX or "random" person releases the source code for SX. and the community has it "way" with it ... as its highly doubtful we received a official update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30