Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anything special you did other than holding the power button until it's completely off and then laying it down somewhere? (maybe I have to shutdown from the menu instead?)
And yeah I don't have SX Pro, only OS, so using my modded joycon everytime is not such a problem :D
I shut down from the Menu itself. I only use the hold power to shut down method when I do testing to replicate game crashes like La Noir and 1-2 Switch. Maybe do that from now on.

Before I stop using my switch for the day (I boot back to the SXOS or Hekate menu, unplug the usb, then power off from the menu. So far no issues.
Glad to see you;'re having no issues!

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these games that don't show up card 2 games? (the list is on the first post). If not, then rename it to be as simple as possible anbd avoiding special characters.

First Page; you''ll see that La Noir doesn't work regardless of whop dumps the file, this is an issue of compatibility with SX OS, same as 1-2 Switch crashing the system on the eating game.

Your info is either getting corrupted, or the SD card has an issue. Either backup your license file, reformat, and try adding everything back to it, ONE BY ONE, or try a new SD card. This issue only happen when files get fragmented or the SD card controller doesn't communicate properly with the Switch.

None of them are Card2 games. I've tried renaming them too.

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ive created my own backups using XCI Dumper 0.0.3 and I had to split the dump, cause Im using a fat32 microSD card. But unfortunatly the backup wont load on SX OS 1.1, so I wanted to merge the splitted files together and than use XCI cutter. How can I fuse splitted XCI files (xci, xci1, xci2...)?

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
None of them are Card2 games. I've tried renaming them too.
Next best step is to try the problem games on another sd card, or reformatting. Also, just in case, make sure these are nto nsa files or other formats (like yooka laylee, which does nto have a XCI file).

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next best step is to try the problem games on another sd card, or reformatting. Also, just in case, make sure these are nto nsa files or other formats (like yooka laylee, which does nto have a XCI file).

Sadly the only other SD card I have is only 4GB, But yea I'll give it a shot.

If that doesnt work, what should I do?

c0ld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ive created my own backups using XCI Dumper 0.0.3 and I had to split the dump, cause Im using a fat32 microSD card. But unfortunatly the backup wont load on SX OS 1.1, so I wanted to merge the splitted files together and than use XCI cutter. How can I fuse splitted XCI files (xci, xci1, xci2...)?

xci cutter has an uncut/join option, I think you can try that one.

Reactions: fenomeno0chris

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly the only other SD card I have is only 4GB, But yea I'll give it a shot.

If that doesnt work, what should I do?
Try it first and report back, we can go from there. Hopefully one of the games not showing up is under 4gb. If that doesnt help, your next really is to re-format the sd card, first on pc, then on switch, and then transfer everything one file at a time.

SliverSrufer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant get a xenoblade 2 xci to show up in SX OS. I tried untrimming the XCI with the latest version of XCI cutter and loading it back on to the SD card but it still doesn't show up? Should I re-trim it with XCI cutter? not sure what I'm doing wrong. I also renamed the file to just xeno.xci in case the file name was the problem.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I cant get a xenoblade 2 xci to show up in SX OS. I tried untrimming the XCI with the latest version of XCI cutter and loading it back on to the SD card but it still doesn't show up? Should I re-trim it with XCI cutter? not sure what I'm doing wrong. I also renamed the file to just xeno.xci in case the file name was the problem.
If nothing works, try it without trimming or create a new backup. The file name shouldn't be a problem.

SliverSrufer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nothing works, try it without trimming or create a new backup. The file name shouldn't be a problem.
Does anyone know what the SX OS looks for to just display the game? An error message trying to load it would at least help vs just not showing anything. I might just use layeredfs and load it the free way.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should really be discussing this in the release xci thread for help. I believe your solution is there.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-cutter-tool-windows.504818/

H4nz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have my unit with that firmware. So you're saying you tried to install Auto RCM but it doesn't install it?
No - to get into RCM mode I was using this (software for 1.0 switches so that no jig is required):
github dot com/pixel-stuck/reboot_to_rcm

However, it causes an issue loading SX OS. If you use a jig, everything works fine.

Nothing to do with AutoRCM mode at all - haven't tried AutoRCM mode yet.

Wika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running SX OS on latest switch firmare and most of my games seem fine. Haven't been banned yet. I DO have a problem with Gal*Gun 2 (Can't get past loading screen, crashed 5+ times) and Southpark fractured but whole, get to the part activating second flag and it crashes as well. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Wika,

Kurayamino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up an SX Pro, and after a bunch of attempts I'm not sure if the dongle itself is functioning

Switch Firmware: 5.1
SX CFW: 1.1

I started by following the quick start guide on the official website
1) Power on Switch
2) Insert dongle and wait 5 seconds
> I charged it for a good minute first
> I'm told it's supposed to turn green after 5 seconds, but it turned some sort of yellow/green almost immediately
3) I removed the dongle
4) I extracted the boot.dat onto the root of a freshly exFAT formatted microSD card (the microSD card is the official 1st Party 128gb Sandisk one)
5) I put the jig on the right joycon rail and plugged the dongle back in.
6) I held Volume+ and pressed start

It never turned on after 5 or 6 tries.

I wanted to see if it was my jig so I tried doing a tethered boot using the payload.bin OS loader and TegraRCMGUI. I had no problem booting into the CFW this way.
> I tried tethered booting into the CFW then swapping to the dongle before launching
> I also tried putting the Switch into RCM first, then plugging the dongle in (as if I was doing a PC tethered boot)

From the looks of it, it doesn't look like the dongle is pushing the payload when I hit power. I'm sure it's charged as well.

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kurayamino,

grytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Anyone know why I am not getting SX OS payload boot options rather it auto boots to SX OS when I inject using TegraRCM?

Thanks

grytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Try holding volume up when you send the payload to boot into SX OS
My problem is not that I cant boot into SX OS, as I can boot into that just after injecting it. I am not getting SX Boot loader screen to choose after injecting payload at all, and it just auto boots to SX OS after injecting it.

Any ideas ? Also I get memory card read error when I am launching game in SX OS.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is not that I cant boot into SX OS, as I can boot into that just after injecting it. I am not getting SX Boot loader screen to choose after injecting payload at all, and it just auto boots to SX OS after injecting it.

Any ideas ? Also I get memory card read error when I am launching game in SX OS.
That's why I said to try holding volume + after injecting it. To be on the safer side so you don't miss the timing, hold volume + after your Switch has entered RCM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, don't impregnate her