• Will verify soon

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters

Soranie

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone freeze just after injecting the payload in RCM mode ? I get the SX OS menu then my switch freeze and I can't click on anything. I can just reboot. My touch screen works fine when i boot normally.

Insane

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm splitting them with my own tool (XCI-Cutter v2.4.2).
The size of the parts is 4,294,934,528 bytes.

I've tried more than 10 games (Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW, FIFA18, Doom, Donkey Kong ...)
All are running without any issue.

But it seems like i'm the only one.

My switch is on firmware 4.1, Samsung evo+ 128GB, Fat32 with 32k clusters (Formatted using guiformat)

I am also using your newest tool, tried with Fire Emblem Warriors and Batman Telltale series and it does not work for me.

Samsung Evo Plus 64GB, Fat32, 32k clusters (with GUIFormat)

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am also using your newest tool, tried with Fire Emblem Warriors and Batman Telltale series and it does not work for me.

Samsung Evo Plus 64GB, Fat32, 32k clusters (with GUIFormat)

I think the problem is fragmentation. Reformat the sdcard and copy the parts one by one in the right order (starting with xc0).

Yes, takes some time... But by that way the whole dump will occupy one coherent block in the filesystem.

Last edited by MHDestination,

valyndaslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Think your wrong there. SD cards can have problems from one device to the other. I've got a Toshiba card right in front of me that works perfect in a 3ds but I get read errors and crashing when using on a pi for example running home assistant.
Also tried it on a two phones, same thing one worked greta other kept getting freezing problems. Tried other cards and problems fixed.

Also please show your exact model of SD card and your FW number. This way a list could be made to see if some SD cards have problems

Lol your microsd is still really good tho, i just bought mine the day SX OS was released and it is just some local branded microsd formated using windows:P

VGEN 64GB UHS-1
exFat, default using windows lol

Insane

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the problem is fragmentation. Reformat the sdcard and copy the parts one by one (starting with xc0).

Yes, takes some time... But by that way the whole dump will occupy one coherent block in the filesystem.

I'd wish. Tried that, but of course no change with Batman Telltale Series.. The MD5s I have are xc0: fe575c4c1489abb82b5133ed3172ccdd and xc1: 558575ffeabea623c4e9e20055215eed

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd wish. Tried that, but of course no change with Batman Telltale Series.. The MD5s I have are xc0: fe575c4c1489abb82b5133ed3172ccdd and xc1: 558575ffeabea623c4e9e20055215eed

Unfortunately the md5sums won't help.

You did format the card and then copied the files?
The first part (xc0) has a size of 4,294,934,528 bytes?
What firmware are you on?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by MHDestination,

Insane

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately the md5sums won't help.

You did format the card and then copied the files?
What firmware are you on?

Thanks for your help!

Always a pleasure to help: Firmware 3.0.1, Yes I formatted with GUIFormat, copied the xc0, then the xc1, and then the other files I need on my SD card. Unmounted the card in windows 10, and inserted into the switch.
I thought the MD5s might help to debug the issue, since we might all be fans of BBB.

quick edit: yes the xc0 has a size of 4.294.934.528 bytes

Using windows 10 newest update.

Last edited by Insane,

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would you mind sharing your dumper? The current public ones do not work on card2 type games like Sushi Striker.
Hi there, actually it is WAIN v 0.0.2 and it did actually dump Sushi Striker just fine as far as I can tell.
But sadly it does not display in SX OS.

yeah i saw it wotking in skullator SX OS review video
so you said "download an update" system or game?
probably been asked already but can you update your system offline with a cart backup or do you need physical cart to do it?
An update for SF 30th anniversary actually. As it is a game I own legitly I just updated it.

Last edited by PatrickD85,

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys, I took some time during my break to fix up a few things on the First Page. I don't have my switch with me, so I will try the new SX OS firmware later today and see what has been fixed.!

Once we figure some of the issues right now, like the split file system, we will post the solution.

@MHDestination , since you made the tool, I'm going to try to either replicate the issues or see if it works on my side. Once we get results that we can replicate, I will add a new section to the post about tools, and how to use them (giving you credit for your tool of course!)

Also, side note, I'm beginning to think that the tool used to make sumps may need to be updated to make proper Type 2 card dumps, but this is just in theory.

mrdecrypter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just entered my key along with my license-request.dat on the SX site. It spit out a license.dat, but my console is saying that this license is not for my console?! What gives??

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
SX 1.1 has some changes and that meant the following for personal dumps I have done;

Dumps
---
- Doom, self dumped xci no more online error.
- Resident Evil, self dumped xci no more online error (Resident Evil.net)
- FIFA 18 still fails (cart error)

it seems SX OS prevented the certs to go online or something similair.

Last edited by PatrickD85,

Insane

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@MHDestination
I figured out my issue. I had the backup split with an old version and then merged it again with the new version to split it again. This causes the issue. I recreated the backup and now everything is fine.

symish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If in auto RCM you will always need something to deliver the payload

really? Cos I just bought some licences for my friends but they aren't so "skilled" to do it by themselves. How can I solve this problem? IS there a way to inject the payload (except for the 1st time, of course) without always using a PC or the OS PRO dongle? Like creating a dongle by myself or similar...

If NOT in AUTO RCM mode, can I boot the backups (and obviously inject the payload) without using everytime a dongle or a PC? Im asking this because I got the licences but still missing the SD card and the Jig. Thanks

Last edited by symish,

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Two more tests before I am going to launch Windows on my Dual Boot Mac and start looking into trimming the XCI's (Even with a 400GB SDXC saving space matters ;))

Working
---
Kirby Star Allies
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition

So all in all only one game of all (not counting games which dont show up) that is not working with SX OS. I am impressed a bit by that!

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't know if it's my switch, TX or autorcm, but after powering off the switch completely (holding power button) it still seems to be draining quite some power. A full charge is gone after a day of leaving it completely turned off. I didn't have this problem before using TX.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
L.A. Noire I think a user stated that needed the update to work, if you had it the game runs perfectly, and 1,2 switch is the same story, update and its fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol