Hacking SX OS contains brick code!

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol are you expecting more to happen sometime soon? referencing a thread that's been inactive for 5 years. I think every company would love to have that kind of success rate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So your life is not be standard, unusual, typical nor expected because some random guy shot you? Lol do you normally get shot everyday to? Satan.
so in your world you get shot and you say "meh, that's normal" or "I was expecting that" lol now matter how you try to reword it what you're trying to say doesn't make sense. Getting shot is not a part of "normal" day life to anyone except you.

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's confirmed fake by TX , that post should be removed by a mod.
upload_2018-6-24_23-31-15-png.133160

legally they can be held responsible, but only if its them that fuck up, any form of mishap can cause it including and not limited to
1. accidentally putting in the wrong code when they update and make a release
2. they modify the boot.dat wrong
3. they just decide they have enough of your money and dont care anymore
and so on and so forth

ShootTheCore616

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could see 100k units sold to resellers at least, but maybe not out in the wild yet. There are over 100 resellers listed on their page, some of which claim to already be sold out or awaiting further stock.

Reactions: naddel81

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
lol are you expecting more to happen sometime soon? referencing a thread that's been inactive for 5 years. I think every company would love to have that kind of success rate.

so in your world you get shot and you say "meh, that's normal" or "I was expecting that" lol now matter how you try to reword it what you're trying to say doesn't make sense. Getting shot is not a part of "normal" day life to anyone except you.
Getting shot is not a part of "normal" day life but you can't denied it can happen even in "normal" day life. You can get shot by getting across a sniper, some gang shooting, accident discharge from gun shop... even very highly unlikely to happen, it can still happen even if you live a normal life.

D

Deleted User

100,000 x $29.99 (Some are Pros I know) = 3 million

Of course they're gonna have haters 4 sure

Reactions: cearp

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is the irony that this is a piracy-enabling tool not amusing, though? Anti-piracy on piracy-enablers is wacky, especially something this serious.

and anti-piracy measures on piracy tools has been a thing since the 1980s with copy protection programs on the C64 and Apple being protected themselves, not to mention there were similar copy tools on the Amiga and Atari ST which themselves were copy protected. All piracy tools are sold as backup providers for your own software, so it makes sense to protect the software so illegal backups cannot be made.. if you're using the tool as provided (backing up your own software) then there is no need to distribute copies of the backup tool to others.. THAT is the piracy.

SERISOULY the lack of intelligence and whiny self entitlement in these threads is appalling, little kids complaining because they don't want to spend $25 USD to run backups of their own cartridges after their parents bought them a switch.

The so called mega crackers crowing how they were going to crack the SX OS in a few hours after release have shown how inept they are - as someone above suggested, start from scratch and write their own loader.. rather than trying to ride on the back of someone else's research and development.

Last edited by gizmomelb,
D

Deleted User

you're blaming the user, which means you consider it reasonable.

IIRC, this is how people were treated when gateway cards started fucking up and bricking systems, no one believed gateway could have made such astronomical mistakes, then Devin's 3ds got bricked from a card they sent him.

You dudes are quick to trust such shady activity.
He doesn't trust them. But he made a point that play with fire your going to get burned or, mess with code that you really shouldn't and things or going to happen, like it or not. He stated that it was a bit much so he doesn't trust them necessarily. But at the same time, it was bound to happen. It's like using a big piece of tinfoil on the right joycon, sure, you can enter rcm mode that way, but it's size is asking for a catastrophe that will inevitability short out the system.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Kioku

kitzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? you know who else like's brick code? Apple. Don't believe me? google Error 53 class action lawsuit.

A bit off topic but The error 53 lawsuit was fixed by apple when they found what was the cause "Un authorized third party hardware for the touch id sensor". They offered an fix with no data loss and even reimbursed people that paid for repair or replacement.

Just a FYI

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't trust them. But he made a point that play with fire your going to get burned or, mess with code that you really shouldn't and things or going to happen, like it or not. He stated that it was a bit much so he doesn't trust them necessarily. But at the same time, it was bound to happen. It's like using a big piece of tinfoil on the right joycon, sure, you can enter rcm mode that way, but it's size is asking for a catastrophe that will inevitability short out the system.
This. Exactly.

D

Deleted User

perfect
we need more paranoid gbatempers
perfect we need commentary on commentary for parnoid gbatempers, I will be your host...
OK but seriously, just don't respond to it, only the worst deserve to be creamed.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

to be fair gateway is an outdated piece of shit that's been surpassed by cfw for years, but to have it spazz out and brick an actual system. that's fucking ridiculous. so no, I don't expect "more" but to shed a little bit of light and remind the community that blamed the users for a while until it happened to one of the reviewers here.

I'm not trying to induce paranoia, but you should always be skeptical of chinese piracy shit. and the deeper this is going the more fucked up it's looking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe KI Gold will have the same problems but overall everything else should run fine