Hacking SX OS (2.9.2) cfw won't boot after upgrading to 9.0.1

crossbubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unable to boot CFW or OFW, after updating via ChoiujourNX to 9.0.1 from 8.0.1 (since I wanted to try newer games that require 9.X, and people were saying there were no big risks on updating now that SX OS 2.9.2 supports it).

After pressing "Boot CFW" in the SX OS menu, not even the Nintendo or Switch logo appear and the console stays on the black screen and I have to turn it off holding the power button. I have seen threads of this in different places but no real or rather clear solution besides that one of the reasons that this might happen is because:

(1) the autoRCM might be the problem
(2) the SD card should be on Fat32 instead of ExFat (I have an Sd Card of 256 GB Sandsik)

I don't know if this had any real solutions, if someone could help or link to the solution i would be very happy. thanks in advance

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if you had any custom themes thats another possibility of getting a black screen. You need to delete the nxtheme folder within your sxos/title/001000000100 folder
Always uninstall themes before you update the switch.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

crossbubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if you had any custom themes thats another possibility of getting a black screen. You need to delete the nxtheme folder within your sxos/title/001000000100 folder
Always uninstall themes before you update the switch.
oh i know that one too, but no, I did not had any themes installed

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have sx autoloader installed?

This is broken on the latest firmware and will cause a failed cfw boot

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
He cannot update to firmware 9.1.0 if he can’t enter ofw or cfw to do so also auto loader by wain works fine on 9.0.1.

Have you double checked your micro sd card contents to make sure everything is correct? The latest sxos version? Are you sure you cannot enter ofw? are you in rcm properly? Try entering sxos menu deselect autorcm and then try booting normally also you could try setting up an emunand see what happens.

Last edited by Reecey,

Kobebrain

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi my friend had the same issue. Any update?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi
A friend of mine had the same issue. Any update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@