_BlueEyes_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,

so with the release of SX OS 1.4 we finally have an easy way to install nsp files.
I always had the problem, that (even with airplane mode on and no wifi) everytime I started a game it would remind me, that there is an update available.
Now installed a bunch of updates though SX OS 1.4 and the game even reports the correct version number, but it's still asking me, before launching a game,
that there is an update available and that I should update. Can I get rid of that?

Also in case of Zelda, I downloaded the huge nsp patch and also the 2 DLC enable nsps, but inside the game I can not access DLC.
But am I doing wrong here?

I tried both, installing the nsps on the sd card and in the internal system memory.

Thanks in advance

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try installing Pokémon Quest via SXOS, then use the standard dev menu to install your DLC. It may be the better solution (although impractical) to have both options of installing NSP's, using the other as a fail-safe. B-)

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

so with the release of SX OS 1.4 we finally have an easy way to install nsp files.
I always had the problem, that (even with airplane mode on and no wifi) everytime I started a game it would remind me, that there is an update available.
Now installed a bunch of updates though SX OS 1.4 and the game even reports the correct version number, but it's still asking me, before launching a game,
that there is an update available and that I should update. Can I get rid of that?

Also in case of Zelda, I downloaded the huge nsp patch and also the 2 DLC enable nsps, but inside the game I can not access DLC.
But am I doing wrong here?

I tried both, installing the nsps on the sd card and in the internal system memory.

Thanks in advance
Nothing wrong for zelda, i have the same issue with zelda with both SX OS installer and DevMenu. It say that the DLC is not up to date

Last edited by Thetoto,

nwilloughby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into this issue, and the fix was to install the dlc on the internal system storage not the microSD card, I have no idea why this works but it does.

Reactions: Albytrozz

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I ran into this issue, and the fix was to install the dlc on the internal system storage not the microSD card, I have no idea why this works but it does.
does SX OS allow choosing where to install the nsp, or we have to use devmenu for this?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, you can install to nand or microsd with sx os
thanks
one more question, do we need to put the nsp files on the root of microsd card. or anywhere is fine?

ouch, sorry OP for hijacking the thread. I thought this was the SX OS 1.4 thread :D

Reactions: Aerasyn

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed Zelda dlc onto system instead of the sd card however on starting the game it won't show the hard mode on the main menu or anything else to say the DLC is installed is there anyway to check as sonic forces and xenoblade work fine

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem with dlc of Zelda is that some nsp on the web are less than 100kb and it’s only the “key” to download it from Nintendo’s servers.

The correct nsp of dlc of Zelda are both around 1gb.

Try link 1 of some reddit forum ;)

Sonics99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another voice on this.

Mine work fine from the SD card. I did not have to install them to internal memory for zelda or any other games.

Things I have noticed that can cause this to happen:
Games can have updates and so can DLC (though it isn't common outside of first party games that I have seen. Splatoon 2 and the legend of zelda both have updates to their DLC v65536. You will want to make sure the game is fully updated and that the DLC you are using is not the v0, but is actually the newer updated version.

Also, an additional side note, some games the DLC and updates are region coded. Not many, but Splatoon 2 happens to be one of them and so is Binding of Isacc. In those cases the DLC and update have to match the region of the game you are using (whether it is an NSP an XCI or even the real cartridge). When the game boots it checks system memory and then the SD card for anything with a matching Title ID and for DLC or updates for that associated item. It will not find them otherwise.

Lastly, other issues I have found to generally be a corrupt NSP file and usually getting a fresh copy works. I haven't had trouble installing anything otherwise.

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just another voice on this.

Mine work fine from the SD card. I did not have to install them to internal memory for zelda or any other games.

Things I have noticed that can cause this to happen:
Games can have updates and so can DLC (though it isn't common outside of first party games that I have seen. Splatoon 2 and the legend of zelda both have updates to their DLC v65536. You will want to make sure the game is fully updated and that the DLC you are using is not the v0, but is actually the newer updated version.

Also, an additional side note, some games the DLC and updates are region coded. Not many, but Splatoon 2 happens to be one of them and so is Binding of Isacc. In those cases the DLC and update have to match the region of the game you are using (whether it is an NSP an XCI or even the real cartridge). When the game boots it checks system memory and then the SD card for anything with a matching Title ID and for DLC or updates for that associated item. It will not find them otherwise.

Lastly, other issues I have found to generally be a corrupt NSP file and usually getting a fresh copy works. I haven't had trouble installing anything otherwise.
So you have Zelda xci working with the nsp I'm fully updated on Zelda I think it maybe the nsp then as it's only 929mb however I can't seem to find the nsp everyone seems to be using

Sonics99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have Zelda xci working with the nsp I'm fully updated on Zelda I think it maybe the nsp then as it's only 929mb however I can't seem to find the nsp everyone seems to be using
The update for the main base game is 929MB.

The files should look like this:

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011e800][v720896].nsp (Update 929MB newest update)
*Note - updates always appear to end in 800 at the end of the ID.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011e000][v0].nsp (Base Game 13 something GBs...I use the XCI and real game so I don't have it to reference)
*Note - Version 0 base games appear to end in 000 at the end of the ID.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011f001][v0].nsp (DLC 1 v0)
*Note - DLC usually counts up from 1 in the last digit of the title ID. This is version 0 of the DLC. You don't need this anymore.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011f001][v65536].nsp (DLC 1 v65536) This is the newer version of DLC 1.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011f002][v0].nsp (DLC 2 v0)

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011f002][v65536].nsp (DLC 2 v65536) This is the newer version of DLC 2

So I have the v720896 update of the base game, v65536 of DLC 1 and DLC 2. Installed all three and launched the game from my actual game cart and everything worked as expected.

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011e800][v720896].nsp (Update 929MB newest update)

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011e000][v0].nsp (Base Game 13 something GBs...I use the XCI and real game so I don't have it to reference)

*Note - DLC usually counts up from 1 in the last digit of the title ID. This is version 0 of the DLC. You don't need this anymore.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011f001][v65536].nsp (DLC 1 v65536) This is the newer version of DLC 1.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007ef00011f002][v65536].nsp (DLC 2 v65536) This is the newer version of DLC 2

So I have the v720896 update of the base game, v65536 of DLC 1 and DLC 2. Installed all three and launched the game from my actual game cart and everything worked as expected.

Good grief!

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I can't find v65536 of dlc 1 and 2 any pointers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.