Hacking SX Modchip firmware has been dumped

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I maybe wrong so If I I’m someone let me know, so what I understand for that you need FPGA if you want to make a new one chip. But I’m wandering if you don’t really Care about making a new chip wouldn't someone with the skills be able to take a modified firmware for the current chip that would let it work other payload and cfw, from what I understand it seems like SciresM can do it but he has no Interest in doing so for obvious reasons. Like I said if I’m missing something please let me know

D

Deleted User

What does this mean for those of us with newer, currently u hackable switches?

You can go 2 ways.

1. go full risk and buy as fast as possible the chip and install it, activate it and hope you get updates after the 10.2 update (from xecuter or other poeple, if a "hack" of the sx chip is possible)
2. wait until someone else found a way to exploit the switch or copied the sx chips

m0mij1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What does this mean for those of us with newer, currently u hackable switches?
It means we may not have future updates for SX OS and able to run newer software.
However, there's quite a bit of negativity and mentioning SX OS is dead blah blah. Currently we have Hardware that is able to run CFW, it's just a matter of time till it gets reversed engineered.
Just have to sit tight on this one.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why suing some company is ineffective. You sue one and in return many are created.

Nintendo should tighten its system security like Sony and Microsoft do.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at one end I hope this makes the modchips more affordable. Unfortunate what happened to team xecutor, but any chance to save the progress and lead to something better is going to be the greater good at this point in time.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hijacking the TX chip is some funny $h@t :rofl2:

I just want the ability to write NSP’s to usb hdd already now the library is getting big :( About to go on 4 yrs

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dumb "I'm a better pirate than Xecuter because I don't pay for my illegal activity" dribble is getting old, but I do hope this leads to open sourced material I can slap on some dev board. Coldboot is where it's at.

Reactions: gizmomelb

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dumb "I'm a better pirate than Xecuter because I don't pay for my illegal activity" dribble is getting old, but I do hope this leads to open sourced material I can slap on some dev board. Coldboot is where it's at.

I like the post on here where the poor millenial with no job justifies piracy based on income. lol.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the post on here where the poor millenial with no job justifies piracy based on income. lol.

Yeah, no shit. If you're pirating X you're no better than others pirating Y. All these pirates are no better than Xecuter taking Atmosphere code. They are all just a bunch of pirates and there's no honor in piracy.

Last edited by gregory-samba,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Never heard of trinket, switchme. Etc
Infact there is a wide range of devboards that will work equally as well

I've never heard of any of those boards being used on a Switch Lite or Red Box Mariko Switch

If you can point me in the correct direction of someone who has then be my guest, but as it stands as of present the only thing I know that can hack the lites and mariko switches is the TX chip which has no clones at the moment

Reactions: ChronoTrig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Arnauw: Hello, anyone knows if Nintendo release update 1.0.1 for Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door?