Homebrew Discussion SX Core PCB Leaked

JaRocker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
hi want to know if it's ok to post into the sx core PCB here don't know if it's a problem so I didn't want to post it without asking .

F2v1-6.jpg Mv1-6.jpg

it is not my link just posting it, if it's not ok for it to be here let me know and ill remove it.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/j8g6v0z2fowyj1o/SXCORE.7z/file

Last edited by JaRocker, , Reason: just adding the link

JaRocker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
how can it be leaked when there is picture of it all over the internet anyways>
it's not just pics there also PCB files, I just posted the pics because they are pics

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

would love it if someone would let me know if I can post a link to the files here

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If Nintendo switch oled could be hacked i would Buy one, if not , i wont, the problem Is that this chip wont work on it

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I’ve been saving a Sx core for months now as soon as I get my oled switch I’llbe taking it apart to see if it’s the same SOC and pcb layout
@ZachyCatGames claims that there is a new mobo. This is backed up by new FCC filings by Nintendo but we can't see pictures in the FCC filings because of a confidentiality request. It is definitely using the same SOC as Mariko but it wouldn't be hard at all for Nintendo to patch the boot rom so that the SX Core won't work. Anyone who has seen the leaked boot rom source code (definitely not me, I'd never download leaks) knows that they actually have code to prevent the exact type of attack that the SX Core uses. They just forgot to use it in the function that checks if the BCT is valid.

Edit: Yes there is that other type of attack that the SX Core hardware can be repurposed for but I wouldn't count on that being publicly released until well after Nintendo gives up updating the firmware.

Edit 2: Even if the SX Core can work homebrew bootloaders will be lacking things like screen initialization code and various other things that could brick your hardware if not set up properly so I wouldn't go fucking around with that stuff until someone like Scires or CTCaer confirms it works.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,
Reactions: AngryCinnabon

JaRocker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
@ZachyCatGames claims that there is a new mobo. This is backed up by new FCC filings by Nintendo but we can't see pictures in the FCC filings because of a confidentiality request. It is definitely using the same SOC as Mariko but it wouldn't be hard at all for Nintendo to patch the boot rom so that the SX Core won't work. Anyone who has seen the leaked boot rom source code (definitely not me, I'd never download leaks) knows that they actually have code to prevent the exact type of attack that the SX Core uses. They just forgot to use it in the function that checks if the BCT is valid.

Edit: Yes there is that other type of attack that the SX Core hardware can be repurposed for but I wouldn't count on that being publicly released until well after Nintendo gives up updating the firmware.

Edit 2: Even if the SX Core can work homebrew bootloaders will be lacking things like screen initialization code and various other things that could brick your hardware if not set up properly so I wouldn't go fucking around with that stuff until someone like Scires or CTCaer confirms it works.
Will I'm not in any rush ill wait ad see what the pros have to say put the new switch before I try installing anything, don't wanna end up with a $350 brick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am kind surprised no one has made a Pi to cart adapter for older systems... Like a universal... +1