Hacking SX Brickcode is Worse Than Expected, Can Trigger From Use

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
This just in. WHO suggests all users to cease playing their switch immediately. Switch off. Stay off. Its the only way to be sure. Right?

Reactions: ByteBite

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Def, played some OG xbox yesterday actually :P
Traded a Hyperkin controller for a console manufactured in 2002... Runs like a champ. Need new DVD drive but I'm enjoying every minute of it. The whole "technology is obsolete every x years" shtick gets old.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you're not talking about Hexkyz, because he's really not a crybaby, for sure. And hum, "we" trust him because he is a reliable source, is that too much to ask ?

EDIT : I probably shoudn't have launched myself into this debate, I know participating in those things is always a bad idea lmao
naerwert is our crybaby dev, and I would believe them if there were not biased, they can make up everything that they want and the sheeps will believe it, we need another source that is not biased, that prooves how a regular user can get bricked, not only "ITS DOOMSDAY BRICKS FOR EVERYONE" because the only one bricked are the ones tampering the boot file

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
countless other threads on epic's website. but in any event, there only one reason to own SX OS, and that is backup loading. to anyone that says otherwise, you are entitled to your opinion. but the backup loading feature of SX OS is really that big draw there. and it works -- for like 95% of cartridge games. not sure what more you need

and you never once messed with your system using any homebrew or linux or anything? in other words, the only time you ever loaded anything through RCM is after you got your SX OS? didn't think so. you obviously did something to your system and are too stupid to fix it. or maybe (hopefully) it was irreparable.

but more importantly, you bought a product that was going to allow you to use your switch in an unintended way. if you don't understand how assumption of risk works, then don't do it.
You’re presumptuous as all hell, it’s sad. SX OS because I love emulation of my classics on the go. I don’t download shady dumps like some desperate kid, I have money and therefore means of playing legit carts or dumps. Boot Linux? I have a dual boot gaming laptop with Linux. So me “fucking up my system and being too stupid too fix it” isn’t the case, shithead.

Reactions: kramer987

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Traded a Hyperkin controller for a console manufactured in 2002... Runs like a champ. Need new DVD drive but I'm enjoying every minute of it. The whole "technology is obsolete every x years" shtick gets old.
Did you put a chip in it ? Most people run a softmodded one but I find that everybody should chip it since you can easily swap hard drives but yeah it is my favorite classic console to go def

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
naerwert is our crybaby dev, and I would believe them if there were not biased, they can make up everything that they want and the sheeps will believe it, we need another source that is not biased, that prooves how a regular user can get bricked, not only "ITS DOOMSDAY BRICKS FOR EVERYONE" because the only one bricked are the ones tampering the boot file
He is the most cancerous and drama seeker dev I know tbh

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If community developers are so concerned about this and about the regular user safety, no matter how much they want to puch their anti-piracy agenda, coming with a backup loader before tx would have been so much better for everyone.

You people still have time, I, at least, am not ordering or demanding anything, but if you want tx to lose, beat them on their own game.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If community developers are so concerned about this and about the regular user safety, no matter how much they want to puch their anti-piracy agenda, comming with one before tx would have been so much better for everyone.

You people still have time, I, at least, nor ordering or demanding anything, but if you want tx to lose, beat them on their own game.
Yeah this ^
Instead of doing pathetic company smearing

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL @ anyone who bought SX OS

Oh boy *grabs popcorn*

you-have-been-targeted-for-termination.jpg

Love TX

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You’re presumptuous as all hell, it’s sad. SX OS because I love emulation of my classics on the go. I don’t download shady dumps like some desperate kid, I have money and therefore means of playing legit carts or dumps. Boot Linux? I have a dual boot gaming laptop with Linux. So me “fucking up my system and being too stupid too fix it” isn’t the case, shithead.

"I have money so I'm better than all of you".

Dude, no body cares. This isn't a youtube comment section where you can flex with what you've got.

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
Trophies
XP
Country
France

You're right, but that's human nature I think. Making a discovery always implies having a subjective view on the people who are against the thing you're looking for, and while true objectivity simply doesn't exist because it's not possible, subjectivity can still be adjusted and regulated by comparing the pros and cons of each solution.

Reactions: thaikhoa

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"I have money so I'm better than all of you".

Dude, no body cares. This isn't a youtube comment section where you can flex with what you've got.

I’m not flexing on anyone. The guy assumed me to have done something I didn’t. Not the flexing type.

Probably off-topic and very childish, but I want to make a Flex Tape joke so bad.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Way too early for TX brixgate or whatever. Once/IF casual use bricks start to happen we can revisit this. So far we have one user who continues to dig inside the code.

Reactions: VzUh and Xzi

Masacci0

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another Tgirl Kid drama..everybody don’t care

Nobody cares, but pretty sure that if another backup loader comes up without a brick code, everyone will be pretty happy to leave the sx ship. Just saying... because no one would chose a backup loader with bricking code in it, over another without brick code.

Reactions: crazy_p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN