RELEASE [Sword and Shield] Major Raid Battle Trainers mod

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Ev1l0rd, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Hiya!

So uh... I made a mod for Pokemon Sword and Shield that changes the Max Raid Battle trainers to be Gym Leaders, Rivals, the Champion and a couple of spoiler characters.

They also have improved AI compared to normal Max Raid Battle trainers. Not all Raid trainers have been replaced, but the unchanged ones now all carry a Focus Sash so they can withstand an attack.

You'll probably want to install this after you beat the game, there's a couple of spoilers in this mod since for consistency, the characters are all as they appear after you beat the main game.

Download it here!

To install, place the contents of the zip file in the /atmosphere/titles/ folder on your SD card.

Only Atmosphere is supported if you need help. (simply because I don't use any other CFW nor do I know a rats ass about Switch emulation. If you can get it to work, great.)

Images are below.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. simsimsim

simsimsim GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2018
    Canada
    Awesome! Can't wait to try it. Vanilla is really too easy and not balanced.

3. JoshDevious

JoshDevious Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2007
    United States
    Awesome TY. Do you have any interest in messing with battle tower trainers?

4. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    “This seems cool, but it also disables random battles, which is not good at all. Be careful when using this if you want to encounter Pokémon you can't see in the overworld.”

Saw this as a comment on the mod page. Is this true? I would like to use this mod but don’t want to lose random encounters.

Dichotomy754 likes this.
  5. Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    It seems like it's true, me and my friend have been wondering what has been going on (we wanted an applin and that's the only way he appears). Your comment just illuminated things.

6. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Fixed.

Before updating, remove the 01008DB008C2C000 and 0100ABF008968000 folders from the /atmosphere/titles folder on your microSD, otherwise it won't work.

Tl;dr - pkNX has no stable swsh support yet, this shit happens.

Okay so there was a stray file left in that was essentially a corrupt encounters table (this is a known bug, encounter tables don't work properly rn in pkNX), which apparently got saved even though according to pkNX, it only saves if you tell it to. Guess it didn't this time.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Fixed it just now.

Kaybag182 likes this.
  7. bluedart

bluedart GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for the update; encounters are no longer broken. I've been using this, and now offline raid battles no longer come with so much dead weight. Thanks.

strawpedro and Ev1l0rd like this.
  8. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    I did put a file on atmosphere/titles/ but nothing change, do I need to do anything else ?

Using reinx btw

9. Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    Put it into Reinx/titles instead.

10. strawpedro

strawpedro Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    United States
    Amazing mod!

I have a question: is it possible for sword players to have shield exclusive gym leaders as raid partners?

Also, could you please add Marnie gym leader version as a partner as well ? I think some people prefer that version too haha

Also Hop's signature should be Gigantamaxed Corviknight no?

Last edited by strawpedro, Nov 22, 2019
  11. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Yes, that is already the case.

I considered doing it but her non-championship rematch uses her normal version, so I went with that.

I wasn't sure. I went with his Wooloos second stage because the only other Pokemon he dynamaxes to my knowledge is his starter and the cover legendary.

That said, I just checked serebii and it seems you're correct. I'll fix that later today.

12. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    The AI still use buff

13. strawpedro

strawpedro Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    United States
    Does Marnie non-gym leader form use Gigantamax Grimmsnarl?

14. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Yes.

15. Kazelle

Kazelle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    France