Discussion SwitchRoot - Android

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ganons, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    There is no deep sleep, therefore there is no "standby". Once the screen goes off, you have to restart the switch because the gpu can not wake from sleep.

2. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    How does booting back into RCM work (if at all), can the hekate .bin be supplied? (difference between injectorfree switch of sd cards and injector only).

3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    You can press power to turn the screen off, then you can press it again later and it wakes as expected. I left mine overnight and it woke up fine. It doesn't have "deep sleep" so it uses more battery than it will when that's fixed, but it works.

I can't say how fast the battery drain is, as I generally leave mine plugged in.

RahFah, lordelan, notimp and 3 others like this.
  4. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    I lost about 50% of my battery after leaving it in s2idle\standby for around 8 hours. Definitely better than just leaving it on, but not great.

nmkd, notimp and AronR like this.
  5. mrcroket

mrcroket Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    Spain
    I tried moonlight and L3 and R3 doesn't work, also I can't get a perfect stable framerate (just nearly 60 frames with little drops) on any bitrate or with h264 and h265.

6. AronR

AronR Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    That' very helpful info on the battery guys thanks. Also I know file transfers can be done through FTP but can I copy over files into the Android folder system by just inserting th SD card into a PC?

7. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yeah the first partition is fat32 and shows up fine in Windows (files you copy there will be under external_storage or something in android). Doesn't show up in MacOS tho because of the funny partition table.

lordelan, notimp and AronR like this.
  8. Lujke

Lujke Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2019
    United States
    20190729_000558. 20190728_235918.

Fallout 2 using Exagear RPG. Played a couple minutes into the game. Pretty cool!

lordelan and TimeDevouncer like this.
  9. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Use h265 if possible bottleneck should not be video decoding, and this allows you to lower the video quality 'more' without fairly noticeable impact on video quality. Also - in my testing with moonlight on other platforms, it had lower input lag. (Results from way back when, on a 4k Amazon Fire TV.)

Bottleneck is probably Wifi. Try to switch to a 5Ghz band on the Switch/Wifi Router if at all possible.

Last edited by notimp, Jul 29, 2019
  10. zniel0

zniel0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Does any one know a way to get the licence check off on the legit version of borderlands 2? since it gives an error while the game runs in the backdrop. Lpatcher does not work.

11. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    No direct support for piracy needs in here - please?

So what is this now - a personal support forum for 'me piracy is downloading so slow - and 'does anyone know a patched for the game I like to pirate' - here is one I've tried already?

Ok, you have no shame and a service wish. Have you pronounce that to the world at any point in time? How about - I'll seriously consider not supporting this community as a whole in everything I'll do on Android, because of people like you?

12. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Welcome to a website that's supported piracy needs since its inception. It's not like this is your thread to decide what's allowed in it.

EmulateLife, nmkd and peteruk like this.
  13. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Cool Dave, then lets make this a piracy support thread then.

I mean - I even know a likely answer, I still refuse it to give it in here - because I have an inkling about how this thread would look linke once we start to do that. its not that I don't know that in this forum - if you ask the right questions, you usually get technical answers - regardless of legality -

its simply that I don't want this subforum to be a place where people act out their "me piracy isn't downloading fast enough" and "how to best crack android apps" support need notions.

Again, the issue is - that you got a smartphone and a service wish. How we handle that is up to everyone in here.

Next question. So Dratstic on Android is still a payed app. Do you want us to set up the support infrastructure for people bypassing the Play Store licensing system directly in this thread now, or later?

14. zniel0

zniel0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Nobody is talking about piracy. I clearly bought the game it is the legit version as stated, their servers refuse to give a licence check. If you read the forum Iv mentioned this before as have other users on XDA. Also I would 100% support piracy if a licence we paid for is not honored. Example Doom BFG was removed from the shield store and hence cant be downloaded on this version of android for the switch..infact they even removed it from our purchase history as well.

Last edited by zniel0, Jul 29, 2019
  15. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Google

play store licensing remove app

first result - that arent videos trying to get clicks.

And thats pretty much the extend I want to hear this stuff being supported in a thread like this.

Because after that someone will find a cooking recipe app, that this doesnt work with - and that he doesnt want to pay 4 USD for, and think, only because here are some people wo are partly tech literate - that this would be the right place to ask 'if someone just coincidentally found a fix for this as well'.

edit: Also believe it, or not - there are websites out there that also deal in already pre cracked apps. And no - we are not supposed to link those here either.

Last edited by notimp, Jul 29, 2019
  16. zniel0

zniel0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    There is no such app. If you are talking about the Lpatcher they dont work on a Real store bought version. I have the latest version from google play ends with 035. So far none of the people who own the game have managed to get the licence error of the switch,the game does run in the backdrop. I would love to know a way to do it. I have written to google but they simply do a refund each time.

17. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Do you really think filling up this thread with post after post of your usual rambling bullshit is any more desirable than a quick question from someone trying to get an app they own to work?

EmulateLife, pcwizard7 and Rahkeesh like this.
  18. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    i d say it be similar to lakka or ubuntu but with no sleep i would reboot into normal OS after each session

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

was the forum ever a good place to read news and ask foe help and no flame ware type stuff?

19. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Please stop bickering about piracy. We have other threads devoted to the topic, please use on of those instead and stick on-topic. I'd prefer not deleting post, but gotta keep it on topic.

Last edited by osaka35, Jul 29, 2019
    Liv2MsTrb8T likes this.
  20. AronR

AronR Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is anyone getting good performance on reicast? I'm trying to play Virtua Tennis 2 and the frame-rate is all over the place... profile is on performance

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted