Homebrew Discussion SwitchRoot - Android

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long does the battery last since there is no 'deep sleep'? Will it die within a week like with AutoRCM or is it a lot worse and will die hours after putting in standby? Thanks
There is no deep sleep, therefore there is no "standby". Once the screen goes off, you have to restart the switch because the gpu can not wake from sleep.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
How does booting back into RCM work (if at all), can the hekate .bin be supplied? (difference between injectorfree switch of sd cards and injector only).

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no deep sleep, therefore there is no "standby". Once the screen goes off, you have to restart the switch because the gpu can not wake from sleep.
You can press power to turn the screen off, then you can press it again later and it wakes as expected. I left mine overnight and it woke up fine. It doesn't have "deep sleep" so it uses more battery than it will when that's fixed, but it works.

I can't say how fast the battery drain is, as I generally leave mine plugged in.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long does the battery last since there is no 'deep sleep'? Will it die within a week like with AutoRCM or is it a lot worse and will die hours after putting in standby? Thanks
I lost about 50% of my battery after leaving it in s2idle\standby for around 8 hours. Definitely better than just leaving it on, but not great.

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried moonlight and L3 and R3 doesn't work, also I can't get a perfect stable framerate (just nearly 60 frames with little drops) on any bitrate or with h264 and h265.

AronR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That' very helpful info on the battery guys thanks. Also I know file transfers can be done through FTP but can I copy over files into the Android folder system by just inserting th SD card into a PC?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That' very helpful info on the battery guys thanks. Also I know file transfers can be done through FTP but can I copy over files into the Android folder system by just inserting th SD card into a PC?
Yeah the first partition is fat32 and shows up fine in Windows (files you copy there will be under external_storage or something in android). Doesn't show up in MacOS tho because of the funny partition table.

Lujke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20190729_000558.jpg 20190728_235918.jpg

Fallout 2 using Exagear RPG. Played a couple minutes into the game. Pretty cool!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I tried moonlight and L3 and R3 doesn't work, also I can't get a perfect stable framerate (just nearly 60 frames with little drops) on any bitrate or with h264 and h265.
Use h265 if possible bottleneck should not be video decoding, and this allows you to lower the video quality 'more' without fairly noticeable impact on video quality. Also - in my testing with moonlight on other platforms, it had lower input lag. (Results from way back when, on a 4k Amazon Fire TV.)

Bottleneck is probably Wifi. Try to switch to a 5Ghz band on the Switch/Wifi Router if at all possible.

Last edited by notimp,

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does any one know a way to get the licence check off on the legit version of borderlands 2? since it gives an error while the game runs in the backdrop. Lpatcher does not work.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
No direct support for piracy needs in here - please?

So what is this now - a personal support forum for 'me piracy is downloading so slow - and 'does anyone know a patched for the game I like to pirate' - here is one I've tried already?

Ok, you have no shame and a service wish. Have you pronounce that to the world at any point in time? How about - I'll seriously consider not supporting this community as a whole in everything I'll do on Android, because of people like you?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Cool Dave, then lets make this a piracy support thread then.

I mean - I even know a likely answer, I still refuse it to give it in here - because I have an inkling about how this thread would look linke once we start to do that. its not that I don't know that in this forum - if you ask the right questions, you usually get technical answers - regardless of legality -

its simply that I don't want this subforum to be a place where people act out their "me piracy isn't downloading fast enough" and "how to best crack android apps" support need notions.

Again, the issue is - that you got a smartphone and a service wish. How we handle that is up to everyone in here.

Next question. So Dratstic on Android is still a payed app. Do you want us to set up the support infrastructure for people bypassing the Play Store licensing system directly in this thread now, or later?

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody is talking about piracy. I clearly bought the game it is the legit version as stated, their servers refuse to give a licence check. If you read the forum Iv mentioned this before as have other users on XDA. Also I would 100% support piracy if a licence we paid for is not honored. Example Doom BFG was removed from the shield store and hence cant be downloaded on this version of android for the switch..infact they even removed it from our purchase history as well.

Last edited by zniel0,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Google

play store licensing remove app

first result - that arent videos trying to get clicks.

And thats pretty much the extend I want to hear this stuff being supported in a thread like this.

Because after that someone will find a cooking recipe app, that this doesnt work with - and that he doesnt want to pay 4 USD for, and think, only because here are some people wo are partly tech literate - that this would be the right place to ask 'if someone just coincidentally found a fix for this as well'.

edit: Also believe it, or not - there are websites out there that also deal in already pre cracked apps. And no - we are not supposed to link those here either.

Last edited by notimp,

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google

play store licensing remove app

first result. That arent videos trying to get clicks.

And thats pretty much the extend I want to hear this stuff being supported in a thread like this.

Because after that someone will find a cooking recipe app, that this doesnt work with - and that he doesnt want to pay 4 USD for, and think, only because here are some people wo are partly tech literate - that this would be the right place to ask 'if someone just coincidentally found a fix for this as well'.[/QUOTE
There is no such app. If you are talking about the Lpatcher they dont work on a Real store bought version. I have the latest version from google play ends with 035. So far none of the people who own the game have managed to get the licence error of the switch,the game does run in the backdrop. I would love to know a way to do it. I have written to google but they simply do a refund each time.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

i d say it be similar to lakka or ubuntu but with no sleep i would reboot into normal OS after each session

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you really think filling up this thread with post after post of your usual rambling bullshit is any more desirable than a quick question from someone trying to get an app they own to work?

was the forum ever a good place to read news and ask foe help and no flame ware type stuff?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please stop bickering about piracy. We have other threads devoted to the topic, please use on of those instead and stick on-topic. I'd prefer not deleting post, but gotta keep it on topic.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Liv2MsTrb8T

AronR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone getting good performance on reicast? I'm trying to play Virtua Tennis 2 and the frame-rate is all over the place... profile is on performance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U