Homebrew Discussion SwitchRoot - Android

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I got Remote Play running on my phone without too much trouble after installing the Sony libraries. I hope that's still working with current RP versions, haven't checked for a bit. The thing that wasn't working for anybody lately was controls, even with ds4 support files from a Sony phone you couldn't get a ds4 working directly on the phone (there was a workaround if you were close enough to your ps4, connect the ds4 to that on a dummy account). Getting the Switch 's own controls working with the Remote Play app might be really challenging, we'll see I guess.
Getting the joycons to act as a dualshock 4 should be pretty easy, its already easy to do on Windows.

Reactions: stitchxd

Mario119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If everything goes well can we install android games as an apk games?
If by that you mean are you able to sideload APK files, then the answer is yes. As a general rule of thumb, if a device runs Android you can sideload APKs onto it.

Is there a good saturn emulator for Android? That's mostly all I'd want. The one in Lakka freezes within about 5 min :(
I don't know much about Saturn emulation really at all, but from a quick Google search uoYabause (http://www.uoyabause.org) seems to be your best bet.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also - in regards to PS4 streaming, last time I hacked this together for a non Sony Phone, two years ago - it needed some binaries in systemdirectories (requires root or modded android system image) - so the App thinks, that its a Sony phone, it needed Xposed framework (or similar - I'm not current on whats used on Android to replace its purpose currently), and it needed rootcloak, to hide from the app that the phone is rooted. Then it worked.

And Sony can break hacked together solutions whenever they want (with every app update). At least in theory.

So if they've not become less restrictive with which devices are allowed to stream PS4 content - its a little bit of a logistics nightmare - but it should very well be doable. :) (Once Android is running and has access to hardware acceleration for video decoding.)

Yeah I got Remote Play running on my phone without too much trouble after installing the Sony libraries. I hope that's still working with current RP versions, haven't checked for a bit. The thing that wasn't working for anybody lately was controls, even with ds4 support files from a Sony phone you couldn't get a ds4 working directly on the phone (there was a workaround if you were close enough to your ps4, connect the ds4 to that on a dummy account). Getting the Switch 's own controls working with the Remote Play app might be really challenging, we'll see I guess.

There was once an open source version someone made that worked on droid, but I think it was abandoned in 2016. There might be another one out there, or perhaps I am mistaken and the app I am thinking of is still kicking. If both are wrong, then going the way you described sounds like the most solid plan currently for if/when the payload hits those requirements as you mentioned.
I've just been having a proper look for this remote-play-on-android stuff for the first time in a while, and found that the guy who used to mod the official android version has recently started really working on the android port of his own unofficial remote play software (which is already working and available on Windows). You can find him on twatter, the pinned tweet from February shows a teaser and his latest reply on that thread is from 2 days ago, saying "Android is coming along well. I'll try and post a dev update later this week."

Makes me feel optimistic we'll have something working on the Switch before too long, unlike the official app this one should be able to handle whatever controllers android throws at it. It's going to be a paid app, but you can't have everything I guess.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've just been having a proper look for this remote-play-on-android stuff for the first time in a while, and found that the guy who used to mod the official android version has recently started really working on the android port of his own unofficial remote play software (which is already working and available on Windows). You can find him on twatter, the pinned tweet from February shows a teaser and his latest reply on that thread is from 2 days ago, saying "Android is coming along well. I'll try and post a dev update later this week."

Makes me feel optimistic we'll have something working on the Switch before too long, unlike the official app this one should be able to handle whatever controllers android throws at it. It's going to be a paid app, but you can't have everything I guess.
Sounds promising. I have no hassle paying for quality.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y