SwitchNews is an alternative nintendo & scene news source.
Since 90DNS users are unable to recieve any official nintendo news (and none of those are particually interesting anyway) ive made my own little homebrew to fix that. It uses the internal browser of the nintendo switch, sets a few settings and then redirects to my website. The website is powered by VueJS and is basically just a fancy RSS reader. No article is written by myself and i am not hosting any of the images. The website is designed to work well with the switch but can also be browsed by anything else. Let me know if interest for other devices exist.
Currently the sources are: GBATemp, Nintendolife, Gamespot & Kotaku
If you have other sources you want to see there, please let me know. I am still working on fine-tuning some things like how many news should be displayed, some design choises and layouts, other types of content (like a list of current game releases & other types of news). I will keep an eye on this thread and browsing behavior on the site to make it the most appealing it can be.
- Different layouts to choose from for a more compact site
- Preventing news from beeing displayed at the top again after a publisher edits an article
- Finetuning the controler inputs (and not just relying on the switch-browser to do that)
- Tweaking the sources and how to display them
- Adding different kinds of data (not just news)
- Anything else you want to see
Get the homebrew:
PS: This is my first "public" release, be nice
Last edited by Slluxx,