CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I have two GBA SPs, both the old one with the backlit (not frontlit) screen.

One of them is in much better condition than the other, except for the fact that the screen is shattered. It still plays games, and I can hear the sound through the speaker, just the screen doesn't show anything because it's shattered.

The other one has a screen that works fine, but it's not in as good condition.

If I got a triwing screwdriver, would it be hard to take the working screen and put it in the other GBA?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

LeGourmand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) I dont think that you need a replacement shell. (previous post)

2) I think you meant "Frontlit" (The box states "Now with a BRIGHTER backlit screen!" to distinguish the new model from the older, frontlit models)

3) Ths should work if the the two GameBoys are of the same model.

CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
LeGourmand said:
1) I dont think that you need a replacement shell. (previous post)

2) I think you meant "Frontlit" (The box states "Now with a BRIGHTER backlit screen!" to distinguish the new model from the older, frontlit models)

3) Ths should work if the the two GameBoys are of the same model.

1) Yeah…

2) Oh, yep. I meant frontlit.

3) They are, and I thought it would work. I was asking if taking it apart and just switching the screens would be hard to do. I did a case replacement for my DSi, and when I was putting it back together I messed something up, since the screens don't work correctly anymore. Is the GBA SP simpler? Is is more complicated than just unscrewing the parts, switching the screens, then putting it back together? Or are there lots of little wires and connectors and other things like in the DSi?

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CompC said:
Is the GBA SP simpler? Is is more complicated than just unscrewing the parts, switching the screens, then putting it back together? Or are there lots of little wires and connectors and other things like in the DSi?
The only internal mess that goes from the bottom half to the top is the screen ribbon. There's no wi-fi antenna or speaker cables to get in the way like there is in the DS.

If you're lucky, you don't even have to take the top part apart. Take the 'motherboard' out of the one with the shattered screen and put it in the bottom of the one with the good screen. The 'motherboard' should separate easily from the screen ribbon. The only tough part would be reattaching the screen ribbon to the new 'motherboard'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-