Switching from Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by corbindavenport, May 20, 2013.

1. corbindavenport
    OP

corbindavenport Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2013
    United States
    Hello all!

I bought my AceKard 2i about seven months ago, and I'm a little disappointed that the Acekard team has seemingly given up on it. I want to buy a DSTWO card, but I had a few minor questions.

• Can I transfer my .sav files from my Acekard to a DSTWO? Do I have to convert them?
    • Does the built-in GBA emulator have an option to export the save file to a format that VisualBoyAdvance can read?
    • Is there a DS ROM compatibility list for the DSTWO, or can I assume that whatever ROM works with Acekard will work fine with the DSTWO?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    1 - They transfer just fine. Most modern carts use the same RAW format, just make sure the filenames and extensions match (whatever.sav).

2 - Saved states no, battery saves however should work with no conversion last I checked I guess?

3 - It'd be much shorter to make a list of the DS games that don't work on the DSTwo, because such a list would have 0 entries.

3. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Why would you want to switch your perfectly working AK2i for a DSTWO ?
    Last I checked , there is absolutely zero difference between the two regarding games compatibility.

If you didn't update your DSi, and you don't care about half assed emulators, there is no reason to get rid of your AK2i, it works just fine with every DS games released so far and it doesn't look like we'll get newer games anytime soon.
    What do you need AK updates for anyway ??

Like I said, don't update your DSi and you'll be fine.

4. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    They can run some games fullspeed now. They're under active development.

There's also save states, real-time menus (text viewing etc), cheat search, and more.

Saying that the DSTwo is just half-assed emulators is a hell of a lot of ignorance, man.

5. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Ok Rydian, sorry again, I just can't help it.

The DSTWO is certainly a better card, no question about it.
    But if all you care about is games compatibility, I don't see any reason to update.

Rydian likes this.
  6. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Yeah the DS is rather dead, software updates for game AP are few and far between on most carts now simply because new games aren't coming out with groundbreaking anti-piracy code anymore.

Arm73 likes this.