OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hey there!
I am thinking of buying a switch. My purchase is 100% software wise, I want to play everything so far. But I have one concern. Mainly, I won't be playing my switch until Atmosphere comes out, so is it worth it buying one now and waiting, as in, will there be a hardware revision which will make my switch obsolete? Or should I buy it later?
Thanks!

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you wanna hack it buy it asap. no one knows when the hardware revision will hit, but it will.

I agree with this... get one now whether you plan to hack or not, the magic jig trick will NOT work very soon, and it'll be tricky figuring out which are old and new revisions. The price is also very unlikely to change any time soon so if you want to get one then now's the time.

Also it'll be much more dangerous buying used ones soon... everyone will be trying to unload their banned or bricked consoles and will rarely let you know that tiny fact in the description, so if you want to make 110% sure you get one that works legit online now but can be hacked when you decide to later go for it now...

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for bricked used consoles the solution's easy check it before purchase also if he plans to hack it a banned console wouldn't be too bad after all a new console hacked will probably be banned anyways Nintendo's more agressive this time even if you only use hombrew they'll hit you with the ban hammer banning a brand new console is a waste

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for bricked used consoles the solution's easy check it before purchase also if he plans to hack it a banned console wouldn't be too bad after all a new console hacked will probably be banned anyways Nintendo's more agressive this time even if you only use hombrew they'll hit you with the ban hammer banning a brand new console is a waste

How do you check if a console is banned on eBay? And unless you go through the trouble of going online with it you won't know until you try to load Splatoons 2 and it mocks you. Updates still work and in many cases you can still get into the eShop, it's when you try to play online that you'll find out you got screwed.

Last edited by Albytrozz,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you check if a console is banned on eBay? And unless you go through the trouble of going online with it you won't know until you try to load Splatoons 2 and it mocks you.
Get the seller to show you a video of it going online to the eshop. Or just steer clear of used units.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch was worth it from launch day without exploits. If it wasn't why would anyone care about hacking it in the first place.:switch:

bunny_wabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing you are dumb enough to fall for any old video the seller would send you?
On the other hand most people would use their brain in this case.

Please consider whether the joke is going over your head before trying to initiate an argument, it's less embarrassing that way.

Reactions: Albytrozz

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please consider whether the joke is going over your head before trying to initiate an argument, it's less embarrassing that way.
Actually maybe you should try moving your bad jokes to the edge, these threads are for information not smart ass comments that lower the IQ of anyone who reads them.

And to further add to the usefulness of this thread, if you ever wanted a switch, buy one now. As others have stated, the hardware revisions are coming. And considering the exploit affects way more devices than just the switch I would assume the changes are coming swiftly.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: tbb043

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The switch was worth it from launch day without exploits. If it wasn't why would anyone care about hacking it in the first place.:switch:
I bought 2, one for games one for hacking/tinkering. I find myself tinkering more than playing games at this stage.

And I agree, BOTW was reason enough for at least one switch purchase.

Any offers for my still in box 1.0 switch? hehehe /s

Reactions: Lumince

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I myself bought a second one on version 3.0.0 (not for online play mind you) but because the current one is easily hackable and will come in handy once Atmosphere launches. Two things should make you buy one now:
1. Now's the time for the Switch (look how fast the scene is moving)
2. Not one single day (heck hour) passes without the recent section having at least one or two Switch topics on GBATemp!

Reactions: Albytrozz

scarfacew3

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So any switch that is being sold in retail is fine?
What will happen after new switch HW is out, will there be an issue with new games that will not run on 1st version of the Nintendo Switch?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
So any switch that is being sold in retail is fine?
What will happen after new switch HW is out, will there be an issue with new games that will not run on 1st version of the Nintendo Switch?

No. It will rather patch the current exploit in the actual one (RCM).

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the ban waves keep happening, I expect there to be a lot of banned used Switches on eBay. So, if you do buy one, I'd suggest buying brand new.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess, if you didn't have a Wii U, maybe. literally the same game, less difference than Twilight Princess and Wind Waker had over their alternate versions.
I only buy Nintendo's Portables.

71b.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb