Hardware Switch won’t turn on - Joycon short?

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I’d finished modding my Switch with an SX Core chip and it was working absolutely fine, screwed it all back together and turned it on.

Attached the right Joycon, which started acting weird and connecting and disconnecting itself randomly, then the system switched itself off.

Disconnected the Joycon, turned the system back on, it got past the Nintendo logo, shut off again and now it’s completely dead. No boot or light from the SX Core.

Anyone got any tips on this as it seems like my switch is ruined

Update: As a last resort I tried disassemblind and reassembling the Switch completely and touch wood.... it seems to be back up and running again including the right Joycon. Possibly something around the cartridge slot. Not holding my breath as it's been dead since Saturday but there's definitely life in it at least

Last edited by britain4,

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is an old thread but I like to update in case anyone else is experiencing the same issues.

Took it apart to redo my SX Core solder joints and got the exact same issue again. I knew something didn’t add up so blew some compressed air under where I’d cleaned the thermal paste off the CPU. Numerous tiny droplets of the rubbing alcohol I’d been using to clean it ran out from under the chip and it then booted up first time again.

Bit of a rookie error but something I didn’t think about when this happened first time round, must have only started working once the alcohol started evaporating, I nearly bought a new switch!

OhItsSlick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I like to update in case anyone else is experiencing the same issues.

Took it apart to redo my SX Core solder joints and got the exact same issue again. I knew something didn’t add up so blew some compressed air under where I’d cleaned the thermal paste off the CPU. Numerous tiny droplets of the rubbing alcohol I’d been using to clean it ran out from under the chip and it then booted up first time again.

Bit of a rookie error but something I didn’t think about when this happened first time round, must have only started working once the alcohol started evaporating, I nearly bought a new switch!
Thank for the update. What percentage was the IPA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up